Photo

What should I use these for?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chelymo

Chelymo
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

I found these journals and matching pens at Michael's a few months ago and since my theme is Damask I couldn't walk away (they were in the dollar section). They only had 12 of each so I totally wiped them out . I then found the little black and white ones at Old Navy after xmas also for a dollar (SCORE!). But I'm not sure what I will be using them for? Originally, I thought I would include in the OOT bags but now I'm not too sure since they really don't have a purpose. Any thoughts on what I can use them for?
    Click the image to open in full size.
    http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
    Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#2 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
    • 127 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Place them on tables at your reception and have guests write notes to you, give advice, tell stories, draw pics, etc., etc.?? They ARE super cute!

#3 Chelymo

Chelymo
      • 327 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by whitechocolate
        Place them on tables at your reception and have guests write notes to you, give advice, tell stories, draw pics, etc., etc.?? They ARE super cute!
        Ashley thank you that is a good idea. BTW - Captiva island is one of my favorite places, we go there every summer for a week.
        http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
        Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#4 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
        • 473 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

I like Ashley's idea of placing them on tables. Also if you placing the camera's at each table maybe some creative way by adding a basket w/flowers as a centerpiece. I can SEE my idea... I may not be explaining myself. :-)

Another option would be to place them in the OOT bags for your wedding party; officiant groomsmen, bridesmaids and also including parents etc.

#5 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
          • 320 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:10 AM

I like the reception idea. Or ask guest to keep a little journal of the vacation and mail to you afterwards. Also could be good for guests to write down each other's info for exchanging pictures afterwards.
            They are super cute!

#6 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
            • 218 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:18 AM

I had the same thought as Ashley. it would be nice to look back on in the coming years

#7 march132010

march132010
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

those are great idea's

#8 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
                • 127 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chelymo
                  Ashley thank you that is a good idea. BTW - Captiva island is one of my favorite places, we go there every summer for a week.
                  I'm heading there in a couple weeks for the wedding of a family friend! Do you have any suggestions of things I definitely should not miss, like restaurants or other places? Any advice you have would be great to hear!

#9 midnight24

midnight24
                  • 754 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

oooh i like the idea of asking your guests to keep a vacation journal of their experience at your destination wedding.

you might not get them back from most guests...so you may want to pick and choose a few people who you know would write one up.

be prepared for some funny stuff...

i could only imagine what we would of wrote a the DW we went to last spring! haha
                    would of been a lot of 'drunk' entries...haha

#10 Mischaka

Mischaka
                    • 969 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

you should still put it in the OOT bags like a journal and for the reception!! that's such a great idea I might have to use that. you girls are good!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users