Attn: Moderators and Senior Members

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nic&mark

nic&mark
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some advice as I am finding the points/post system a little agravating.

I am trying to be an active member of this forum and responding to threads, adding attachments that my WC has sent me, etc. however as we are just starting out, we dont actually have that much useful info to give.

We are wanting to be able to open attachments so that we can take that information on board and be able to use it for ourselves but then also pass on our planning / ideas, etc to other uses.

At the minute the only way in which I can see us getting the 150 posts to allow us to do this is by adding pointless comments to other peoples threads and welcoming every newbie with a bog standard message.

This seems a little a little bit of a pointless activity as it not only clogs up threads , If you have any other advise on how we can get these posts clocked up would be helpful. I think that the old points system would be better, if you had more points for the indepth things you did, ie, add pictures, attachments, links etc.

Kindest Regards
    Mark

Nicola & Mark
    16th June 2010
    Riu Montego Bay - Jamaica

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:44 AM

have you tried searching the forum? there are so many threads about this- post points add up quickly, so instead of thinking of making "useless comments", add to the forum and participate!

http://bestdestinati....s-noobs-29202/

Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

did you know that you can also pay for the ability to access attachments? check this thread out ... http://bestdestinati....chments-48545/

#4 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
        • 2,528 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

I was about to say exactly what Ann said, it is possible to pay a fee instead of reaching the 150 post threshold. You can though, like MsShelley said contribute to threads where you can get ideas, advice about your resort, and so on. Whatever way you are more comfortable with, go with that, but there is nothing like good ol' fashioned conversation! :) Good luck!
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

yes, checking out the chit chat area is a good way to just get to know people here as well!

#6 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

I don't think it's "pointless" to welcome the noobies, I loved all of the warm welcomes I got back then. If you're ACTIVELY participating in the forum, your posts will add up quickly. Just remember this is a FREE to you forum and it would not be fair for the brides and grooms who take the time to add up their posts, write reviews and post ideas if someone could just come on here, take what they need and not give something back. you give some and take some...

#7 nic&mark

nic&mark
              • 156 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

Thank you for your responses,
                Not sure if what I was saying came accross wrong...
                I agree there should be something in place to stop people registering, getting what they want then not coming back or adding anything.
                Its just that I feel what I am contributing isn't actually helping people as all I seem to do is ask questions. I havn't got too much info to give yet.
                But I will welcome newbies and enter into some of the general forums.
                Thanks
                Mark

Nicola & Mark
                16th June 2010
                Riu Montego Bay - Jamaica

#8 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                • 4,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi Mark. Although you may not feel like your helping anyone, your questions are likely someone else's! Don't get discouraged. The more you explore the forum the more you'll realize that you do have something to contribute, just from your own life experiences :)
                  *Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

remember, you can always pay the fee if you really don't feel like you have anything to contribute just yet. but i'd be willing to bed you get 150 posts faster than you think!

#10 islandbride317

islandbride317
                    • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

I know it can seem a little daunting when you first join to get up to 150 posts, but that is half the point of a forum like BDW -- without sounding cheesy, the journey is in getting to know your fellow members and allowing us to get to know you (ie. we're all worth more than our templates and attachments)!

Hopefully you and your fiancee don't miss out on all the wonderful advice, insight, support and inspiration that comes with being a part of this exceptional community -- if you do, I'd have to say it'll be your loss! Personally, I don't know where I'd be in my wedding planning process without what is TRULY the BEST Destination Wedding Forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users