Photo

The Ultimate DYI Project

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

want2gosouth: sounds like us!! my fiance is an electrician too, and he is SO handy with everything!!

#12 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
    • 509 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

We bought our house two years and it has been one project after the other.

The house is 60 years old and we bought it off the original owners.

When we moved it all the walls were mint green with mustard yellow carpet. We had the house for a week before we had to be out of our apartment and in the first day my fiancee (we weren't engaged yet) took down a wall, we had all the carpets ripped out and had primed all the walls.

Since we've redone both bathrooms and most recently, replaced the outdated kitchen cabinets.

#13 niajs

niajs
      • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

We bought our first house together in April 2008. It's a big old Victorian (1900ish) house which was being used as student accommodation, so every available room was being used as a bedroom! The decor was disgusting. We copmletely renovated the whole thing, but FI's brother (who does this for a living) did it for us. FI can barely put up a picture frame, so there was no way we could do it ourselves! Although my parents and I did a lot of the painting. We really did nearly fall out big time with his brother. We had planned to be in by August 2008, which then went to September 2008. We eventually moved in at the beginning of December 2008, although my living room floor went down on Xmas Eve!

#14 june92012

june92012
        • 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Nice job!!! It's great that you're talented enough to do so much on your own!

#15 megssweet1

megssweet1
          • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

We just bought a home. Moved in about two months ago. Luckily, we mostly need interior decorating rather than tons of remodel. We'll add smaller remodel projects later on as we are getting fully furnished. This house is just MUCH bigger than we have ever lived before. Our wedding is less than six months away! It's so hard to focus on wedding planning with the house staring us in the face! Lol

#16 loquaciouspunky

loquaciouspunky
            • 165 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 26, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Jewel-Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationNC

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

I'm lucky...my fiance is a general contractor, so he knows how to do almost everything.  All my honey-do projects are slowly but surely getting done. Its amazing though how stuff keeps coming up that needs to be fixed. I'm so glad he knows how to fix it all!

#17 liz24

liz24
            • 209 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

good job ladies!

#18 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
            • 209 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
            • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

we want to buy a house after the wedding. We own a townhouse right now but we have already out grown it

#19 nicofio22

nicofio22
            • 161 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

We bought a house 2 years ago & I have been waiting 2 years to have the baseboards in the living room, dining room, kitchen & hallway put back on after tearing it out, buying new & staining it.  :(  He is so lucky I love him! :wub:

#20 EmmaBrown

EmmaBrown
              • 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

Fi and I haven't bought yet- so limiting what you can do in a rental- but we've got our eye on a real fixer upper in our area. Would be a big project, but so worth it. DIY time is also great for spending time together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users