Photo

My DIY Centerpieces.... CHEAP!!!

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#51 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:17 AM

wow!! those look great! i was thinking of doing the same thing. I saw the inspiration on a wedding show on the WE channel.
    i'm still trying to figure out how to get them down to jamaica without breaking
    "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#52 kenlyn8984

kenlyn8984
    • 196 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

those look amazing, just like the ones they sell at the resort but wayyyy cheaper! :)

#53 Mallory57

Mallory57
      • 454 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Yours look just as good (if not better) than the inspiration pic--which happens to be my inspiration pic as well. Glad to see it can be recreated so inexpensively!! Great job!!
        35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#54 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
        • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

Sooo beautiful!! What a great idea so save such a large amount of money! Thanks for sharing!!

#55 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
          • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:45 AM

These centerpieces are so beautiful I'm just worried about the glass weight/breaking during travel. I see you purchased them at walmart, i know there is a walmart in Cabo, wonder if they carry the vases there....might have to call and find out. Congratulations on you great money saving idea!

#56 Jess3414

Jess3414
            • 218 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

I love these. I thought about doing some similar but went with something different. after looking at yours it makes me want to change my mind again! haha ahhhh!

#57 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
              • 169 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:00 AM

I set something like that up too for my inspiration, until I found out how much real orchids were! My WC told me it would be $140 per branch of orchids!!! Holey Moley... I said well we won't be doing that.

For those of you who have been toying around with this idea... did you have to weigh the flowers down with anything so that they don't go floating up to the top and bunch up under the candle? or do they just float in the middle like the drowned effect?
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#58 Mallory57

Mallory57
                • 454 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BeachBride10
                  I set something like that up too for my inspiration, until I found out how much real orchids were! My WC told me it would be $140 per branch of orchids!!! Holey Moley... I said well we won't be doing that.

For those of you who have been toying around with this idea... did you have to weigh the flowers down with anything so that they don't go floating up to the top and bunch up under the candle? or do they just float in the middle like the drowned effect?
                  Ooh, great question. I'd also like to know the answer. Also, she used fake flowers...I'm assuming much less than $140 per branch and you can't even tell they're not real! Where did you get the flowers from??
                  35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#59 sunkisseddreams

sunkisseddreams
                  • 257 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Love them! How will you get them there?
                    Lisa & Andrew ~ Dreams Riviera Cancun ~ May 6th, 2011

#60 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
                    • 303 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:55 AM

They are cute! I think I might have to steal this idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users