Photo

My DIY Centerpieces.... CHEAP!!!

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#191 SweetheartAggie

SweetheartAggie
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

These are all beautiful pieces! We are still trying to figure out our center pieces... Who knows what we'll end up with! Lol

#192 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
    • 210 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

These are sooooooo nice.... It really shocks me the price of flowers from the resorts! Crazy!!

#193 JHo2013

JHo2013
      • 109 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Very pretty!! These look very similar to what I had originally wanted. But we have about 7 tables, and to achieve the look I would have wanted that would have been at least 3 vases per table plus votives so that's over 21 vases to tote down. Really didn't have the room for that on top of everything else we need to bring. But they look amazing! I'm also shocked by how much the resort charges for flowers. So I made my own pomanders to hang down the aisle and then using them again as centerpieces for the reception.

#194 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
        • Site Supporter
        • 229 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

These are great ideas! Love them!

#195 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
          • Site Supporter
          • 229 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

How did everyone pack these in their luggage?

#196 Liann03

Liann03
            • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Very pretty!! These look very similar to what I had originally wanted. But we have about 7 tables, and to achieve the look I would have wanted that would have been at least 3 vases per table plus votives so that's over 21 vases to tote down. Really didn't have the room for that on top of everything else we need to bring. But they look amazing! I'm also shocked by how much the resort charges for flowers. So I made my own pomanders to hang down the aisle and then using them again as centerpieces for the reception.

I was in the same boat.... We have 8 tables and with alllll the other stuff we are bringing down it just seemed impossible to be traveling with glass! Do u have pics of what u Are doing?!! I'm still up in the air:/

#197 muneera0302

muneera0302
              • 277 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ebernard4985 

My inspiration:
                Click the image to open in full size.

Test Run:
                Click the image to open in full size.

I was originally quoted $90 a table for centerpieces! These will cost me less that that for ALL the tables!!

Large Vase (10in) @ Wal-Mart for $2 each
                Medium Vase (7in) @ Dollar Tree for $1 each
                Orchid purchased from Michaels for $4 (on sale) has four orchids on each stem
                Floating Candles purchased from Michaels for $1 each, you can look online for cheaper ones!

I will also be putting votive candles around these vases and some white seashells/starfish to make them beachy. I am putting one vase of each size on the tables surrounded by 5 or so votives. On the head table I will have 1 large vase and 2 small vases (head table made up of 3 long tables, a set of vases on each of the long tables) with votives surrounding them.

Cost = 7 large vase = $14
                10 medium vase = $10
                7-8 orchid stems = $32
                17 floating candles = $17
                36 votives (from Michaels) = $15
                seashells = $5-10

GRAND TOTAL = $98 (high estimate)

That is less than $100 for 4 round tables and the head table!!!

love this! and so cheap but looks great!!! def gonna try this!

#198 JHo2013

JHo2013
                • 109 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Liann03 

I was in the same boat.... We have 8 tables and with alllll the other stuff we are bringing down it just seemed impossible to be traveling with glass! Do u have pics of what u Are doing?!! I'm still up in the air:/

Yes - I made pomander balls (that I'm in love with!) and I'm going to hang them off the chairs down the aisle. Then reusing them again as centerpieces by flipping them into a salad bowl I got from Ikea. I'll post pictures in my planning journal soon! :)

#199 Liann03

Liann03
                  • 152 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yes - I made pomander balls (that I'm in love with!) and I'm going to hang them off the chairs down the aisle. Then reusing them again as centerpieces by flipping them into a salad bowl I got from Ikea. I'll post pictures in my planning journal soon! :)

How do you make a pomander ball? Is it difficult? Costly?

#200 MMK0386

MMK0386
                    • 367 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
                    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

How do you make a pomander ball? Is it difficult? Costly?

It's really easy and pretty cheap. Mostly depends on the stems you choose. Just look up a video on google. All you do is start with a foam flower block and stab all the stems in to cover it. Easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users