• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 midnight24

midnight24
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by future_mrs2010
    Lisa we are doing peacock feathers and tea lights on some tables and bright green flowers and tea lights on other tables and the linens are purples and greens and blues. with dashes of golds. Its going to look really awesome. Im soo excited!

"peacock themed"
    that sounds so much like what we are doing too! haha

#12 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
    • 155 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:04 PM

I will be using square vases with floating gerbera daisies and candles - simple, elegant and pretty inexpensive! I am getting my flowers at Costco, the vases at Ikea and candles at the dollar store :)

#13 KGraham27

KGraham27
      • 155 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for sharing your ideas

#14 amyrot

amyrot
        • 188 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

My AHR centerpieces are very cheap but I love them. I ordered hurricane globes through Christmas tree shops. They were $8 each. I got a bag of sand, tall pillar candle, and seaglass/shells. I made one and it looked awesome. the candle is surrounded by sand, shells, and sea glass. simple but pretty and CHEAP!

#15 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
          • 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

I'm getting married in Mexico in October and 2 weeks later we are doing a lunchtime AHR for about 150 people.  We've asked friends and family to save their empty wine bottles and we'll use them to hold several roses on each table, with tea lights on top of a circle mirror.  It's very simple but being we are doing a lunch thing, it doesn't have to be super formal.  The wine bottles are definitely a way to save some money too - we'll probably make custom labels for the bottle and put a ribbon around each to dress them up a bit!

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
            San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#16 harkatea

harkatea
            • 161 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

we'll probably do something with tea lights or floating candles.  Perhaps something thai.

#17 lopey99

lopey99
              • 159 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

love the ideas girls - just booked my DW but AHR is at back of my mind!

#18 baileybutton

baileybutton
                • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'm doing pink and orange gerber daisy's and candles

03.13.13 ~ The day I marry my best friend!

#19 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

here is what i was thinking about doing, keep in mind our wedding is a year away (APRIL 14th 2012) lol but I wanted to put pictures in black and white on the tables, all the pics will be of us in Jamaica at different locations as our photographer is taking us out the next day after our wedding.....this way ppl feel like they are apart of the whole wedding day and celebration. With the pictures, Im thinking about one simple tropical flower in front of each pic.

Were doing a backyard BBQ AHR with a night bonfire too. This way i can get the flowers that morning at the market, I can print the pics from our computer....and all the money saved will go into the booze lol as my FI is an electrician and all his friends can drink lol lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#20 Ms Di

Ms Di
                    • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

Very pretty ideas..good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users