Photo

NC Brides?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

So far I haven't seen or talked to any other NC brides.... are you out there??

#2 march132010

march132010
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'm here --- YAY another one, I have talked to a few, I'm In Raleigh NC!!!!

#3 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
      • 224 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:18 AM

YAY! I live in the North Raleigh area....

Your wedding is so soon... SO EXCITING!! Are you so ready or what? :) :)

#4 march132010

march132010
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rdsjcr
          YAY! I live in the North Raleigh area....

Your wedding is so soon... SO EXCITING!! Are you so ready or what? :) :)
          OMG I'm ready still working on Some Last Minute DYI projects....

#5 nbills511

nbills511
          • 164 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

I live in Charlotte!! Close enough to Raleigh :)

#6 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
            • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nbills511
              I live in Charlotte!! Close enough to Raleigh :)
              Yeah! I have lots of friends in Charlotte! Where and When are you getting married?

#7 march132010

march132010
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

We should DO at Get together---

#8 nbills511

nbills511
                • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                  Yeah! I have lots of friends in Charlotte! Where and When are you getting married?
                  We actually don't have a date or resort set yet It's been really tough for me to make a decision....because there will be something small at each of my top places that I don't really like. It is definitely narrowed down to Riviera Maya or Cancun...and specifically...Aventura Cove Palace, Dreams Cancun, Dreams Riviera Cancun, and and Puerto Aventuras. I think the final determining factor will be the cost for our guests. Our date will be driven off of resort availability. We are targeting either early November or late February '11!!

When and where you getting married? If you make your way to Charlotte let me know....It would fun to meet up with another BDW bride!! :)

#9 nbills511

nbills511
                  • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

rdsjcr - just saw that you are booked at Dreams Riviera Cancun.....what made you guys decide on that resort??

#10 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                    • 224 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nbills511
                      rdsjcr - just saw that you are booked at Dreams Riviera Cancun.....what made you guys decide on that resort??
                      OMG- It took me what seemed like FOREVER to decide. I was deciding between Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and Riviera Maya. What made me choose Riviera Maya was the cost. The flights alone there are MUCH MUCH cheaper. Once I decided on the place- then I battled with the place. I had it finally narrowed down to Dreams Riviera Cancun and Aventura Spa Palace- the thing I did not like about Aventura is that it is located on a lagoon- not actually ON the beach. Also- Dreams is fairly new as it was just opened in Oct 2009. I used Trip Advisor A LOT to see peoples resposes and photos (not just the resort's photos). I am also using a wedding planner/travel agent from destinationweddings.com. You pay $50 and they help TREMENDOUSLY!! They help with all your decisions and then work as your and all your guests travel agents! (and once you book your hotel and etc- you get the $50 back)

I am still not 100% sure on all the prices- but you will find once you book that all the people down there are on their own time. They do not answer emails like we do-- they take a few days and they will drive you crazy!! :) So the earlier you can jump on it, the better! Let me know if I can help you anymore!

:) Robyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users