Photo

11 days till wedding and in panic about rain!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Lee_Keenan

Lee_Keenan
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

THANK YOU! I think I just had a panic attack. I'm breathing better now.

#12 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

Oh ya, seriously, it's nothing you can handle. And it's a beautiful vacation in Cabo, rain can't ruin that. If it rains on your wedding day, just imagine some of the awesome pictures you could get. PLUS - isn't rain good luck? It's going to be soooo hot there, if it rains, count it as a blessing! lol

As a side note, I can't remember what thread you wrote in, but you said it was ok if we dropped by your wedding since we'll be there for a site visit. Is that still ok? I'd love to see your ceremony. We'll hang back if you like, but we don't want to stand out - is there a dress code (like Sarah's khaki or white only)?? And maybe if I can snap a few candid shots to share on the forum? It's up to you... If you don't want us to drop by that's totally cool.
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#13 jak27

jak27
      • 715 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

I would absolutely not worry about the rain. My good friend was in Cabo for her honeymoon in October (hurricane season!) and she said it rained, but only for 10 minutes and it was beautiful and sunny!

Plus, on a side note, it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day!

#14 dragonfly

dragonfly
        • 1,820 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

Don't worry about the weather. Your guests are there to see you get married, and rain or not they are going to get a beautiful wedding, sun is just the bonus...

Kelly~

#15 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

It rained at my best friend's wedding and I got her a huge umbrella (like the kind you get for a babyshower) and her and her hubby danced under it to Rihanna's "Umbrella". It was so romantic. The pictures came out gorgeous. I'll see if I can get a pic so I can show you guys.

But don't worry, Mexico rain is like 5 seconds. This is the same way like in Puerto Rico. It rains for like 5 minutes and then the sun comes out again.

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Nrvsbride;110578]It rained at my best friend's wedding and I got her a huge umbrella (like the kind you get for a babyshower) and her and her hubby danced under it to Rihanna's "Umbrella". It was so romantic. The pictures came out gorgeous. I'll see if I can get a pic so I can show you guys.
              QUOTE]

That sounds awesome. I hope it rains at my wedding!

#17 diana2008

diana2008
              • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

It rained at my sister's wedding (in LA), and the photographer got a shot of them kissing under a big umbrella... it was the most beautiful picture from the whole wedding! And it's good luck, too!
                Diana & Robert
                July 5, 2008
                Cabo Surf Hotel

#18 MERRYME

MERRYME
                • 324 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:40 PM

I'm in Cabo now and NO rain!! Last week there was a sprinkle over night.. but no biggie. You also have to be aware that this time of the year clouds do gather but normally over the mountain range north of cabo . It usually does rain every afternoon there during the rainy season.

You will have a gorgeous wedding and your guests will have a great time rain or no rain!
                  Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
                  22nd of December 2006

#19 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MERRYME
                    I'm in Cabo now and NO rain!! Last week there was a sprinkle over night.. but no biggie. You also have to be aware that this time of the year clouds do gather but normally over the mountain range north of cabo . It usually does rain every afternoon there during the rainy season.

You will have a gorgeous wedding and your guests will have a great time rain or no rain!
                    Ummm, ya I'm officially jealous!! You must be having a blast in Cabo... you're going to tell us all about it when you get back, right..??
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#20 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

the girls are right...the rain is very brief and in july sort of welcomed since it will be hot. even when it does rain, it stays warm...the rain sort of cleans everything up.

your guests will still have a great time in cabo...it will still be warm and pool/beach weather.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users