Jump to content

Photo

Getting upgraded


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,458 posts

    Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aubry
    For those of you that got a good deal, would you mind sharing your TA or where you found them?
    There are lots of great TA's on this thread...look at the top of your screen and you should see a little promo/ad that says something about connecting with an experienced BDW TA. I made the mistake of originally booking with another company that supposedly specializes in DW's but they really didn't. So I learned my lesson and this time have decided to work with TA Jennifer from this forum since she specializes in Beaches/Sandals resorts and that's where we are having our DW. Or if you know what resort or area you are interested in, you can look from posts from other brides - especially their reviews - and see who they used for a TA.
    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

    #42 hockeymom97

    hockeymom97
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,458 posts

      Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

      I also wanted to comment about the whole upgrade thing....Obviously every bride on here (including myself) would love to be upgraded, but the fact is, it doesn't always happen. It seems like a lot of people (and not just brides...I have seen reviews on Trip Advisor for normal vacations as well) book the cheapest category room with the expectation that they'll be upgraded and then they pitch a huge fit when it doesn't happen. Sometimes the resort is fully booked and it's just not possible.

      My suggestion is to book a room that you would not be disappointed with if you don't get upgraded - that's what we're doing. We're not booking the cheapest room, and we're not booking a suite either. If we don't get upgraded, I'll be perfectly happy wth our room....and if our TA or the resort can swing an upgrade for us, that's fabulous too :)
      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

      #43 pineapplebride

      pineapplebride
      • Jr. Member
      • 232 posts

        Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

        This thread is very helpful!

        I just looked on the Dreams website and it looks like they are still doing the 6th room free promotion.
        I have a question though... when TAs book packages for groups do they deal with the resorts directly, or just through tour operators?
        Our package is out of Vancouver Canada and is through a tour operator... would my TA have to negotiate the promotion with Dreams, or with the tour operator??

        Thx!

        Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

        Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale


        #44 Princess402

        Princess402
        • Member
        • 737 posts

          Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by pineapplebride
          This thread is very helpful!

          I just looked on the Dreams website and it looks like they are still doing the 6th room free promotion.
          I have a question though... when TAs book packages for groups do they deal with the resorts directly, or just through tour operators?
          Our package is out of Vancouver Canada and is through a tour operator... would my TA have to negotiate the promotion with Dreams, or with the tour operator??

          Thx!
          If you are using a tour operator then your TA would have to negotiate with them. Keep in mind that your promo will likely look different if you are booking packaged vacations (flight and hotel) with your tour operator since the sixth room free promo is on the room only. So what I mean to say is that you would likely not get the sixth package free, since that includes airfare. Maybe it would be more like the 12th person free, or something like that, in order to compensate. Make sense?

          These things change all the time of course, but what I found when I was booking for my group was that this sixth person free deal was way better than what the tour operators were offering in terms of freebies, which was part of the reason why we opted to book hotel and airfare separately for our group.

          Good Luck :)

          #45 TammyWright

          TammyWright

            Admin & Owner

          • Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

          Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by hockeymom97
          There are lots of great TA's on this thread...look at the top of your screen and you should see a little promo/ad that says something about connecting with an experienced BDW TA. I made the mistake of originally booking with another company that supposedly specializes in DW's but they really didn't. So I learned my lesson and this time have decided to work with TA Jennifer from this forum since she specializes in Beaches/Sandals resorts and that's where we are having our DW. Or if you know what resort or area you are interested in, you can look from posts from other brides - especially their reviews - and see who they used for a TA.
          Thanks for the kind words about the TA's on here. We do have a great group!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by hockeymom97
          I also wanted to comment about the whole upgrade thing....Obviously every bride on here (including myself) would love to be upgraded, but the fact is, it doesn't always happen. It seems like a lot of people (and not just brides...I have seen reviews on Trip Advisor for normal vacations as well) book the cheapest category room with the expectation that they'll be upgraded and then they pitch a huge fit when it doesn't happen. Sometimes the resort is fully booked and it's just not possible.

          My suggestion is to book a room that you would not be disappointed with if you don't get upgraded - that's what we're doing. We're not booking the cheapest room, and we're not booking a suite either. If we don't get upgraded, I'll be perfectly happy wth our room....and if our TA or the resort can swing an upgrade for us, that's fabulous too :)
          this is fantastic advice. Upgrades are NOT guaranteed. It doesn't matter that you are getting married at the resort. If someone has paid to stay in all the upgraded rooms, they may not be available to you!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by pineapplebride
          This thread is very helpful!

          I just looked on the Dreams website and it looks like they are still doing the 6th room free promotion.
          I have a question though... when TAs book packages for groups do they deal with the resorts directly, or just through tour operators?
          Our package is out of Vancouver Canada and is through a tour operator... would my TA have to negotiate the promotion with Dreams, or with the tour operator??

          Thx!
          Please note that these have to be rooms booked through the group block at that rate. Rooms booked via expedia,orbitz, internet sites, other TA's do not qualify.

          I work with both suppliers and the hotel directly depending on which will get my client the best deal. The tour operator will negotiate the promotions through dreams on behalf of your agent.

          hope this helps.

          Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

           
          Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
           
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


          #46 arsen101806

          arsen101806
          • Newbie
          • 6 posts

            Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

            The first post maybe a bit difficult because VIP is limited in a resort, maybe try to find rooms that is near VIP.




            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users