• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Megan24

Megan24
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Princess402
    I'm so grateful for this thread, and thanks so much ladies (Tammy, Megan, rdsjcr, etc.) for info on that 6th room free promo! I bugged my TA and she was able to get the resort manager to apply the new promo to our exisiting and future bookings - yippee!!!

P.S. Megan, you asked earlier whether it was usual to have to pay for all the rooms up front and then get credited back for your free rooms at the end - this is also what I have been told by my TA. I've also been told that the amount you get discounted back might be slightly less than you think because it is based on their wholesale room rates and not necessarily the rate you and your guests are paying (?).
    That is wonderful news. I have one room for free right now. But I booked 12 rooms. And my bridesmaid back out even though I was paying for there room. So now I need to feel up the 12 room or no two rooms free for me. Who turns down a free trip to mexico if they just have to pay for their flight tickets.

#32 Cindy*

Cindy*
    • 2,655 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
      For you ladies that got this sixth room free, were kids free for your group? We did get kids free and so my TA is saying that this helps to make up for the fact that we are getting less people/rooms free... unless of course you all are getting both these perks!!! I think we have something like 18 rooms booked so far, so these details make a big difference to us.

It's so tough cause I know that these contracts fluctuate and that you can't always compare your contract to everyone else's... but I truly am a frugal princess and want it all for less!
      In addition to the 6th room free, we are also getting kids free. The stipulation with the kids free is that it is 2 kids free with 2 paying adults but the adults have to book the one bedroom suite (a higher room class). However, even with the adults booking the one bedroom, it is still several hundred dollars cheaper than booking 2 adults and 2 children in a regular room without kids stay free. Overall, I am very happy with the deal we are getting.

#33 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
      • 222 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

I just emailed my TA at destinationweddings.com
        I hope she really investigates this and helps us out. I am paying for my mom and that free room would REALLY come in handy!
        thx for the tip everyone!
        xoxo

#34 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
        • Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

a $20-40 folded in your passport and a request for an upgrade seems to work too :)

#35 Princess402

Princess402
          • 737 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine
            a $20-40 folded in your passport and a request for an upgrade seems to work too :)
            LOL, good idea, does this really work?

#36 Megan24

Megan24
            • 271 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=Dmitri_Markine;1226325]a $20-40 folded in your passport and a request for an upgrade seems to work too :)[/QUOTE

Cash is king!

#37 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
              • Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

Quote:
                LOL, good idea, does this really work?
                1 out of 3 times
                It works in North America just the same as anywhere down south. Actually, sometime just being nice and asking for an upgrade will work too. As long as they aren't all booked.

#38 hiccups

hiccups
                • 224 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the tips!

#39 aubry

aubry
                  • 191 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

For those of you that got a good deal, would you mind sharing your TA or where you found them?

#40 natalie1987

natalie1987
                    • 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

great ideas...anyone know what deals are going on now? do the rooms free go by the hotel or tour operator?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users