Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace Reception Location


  • Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#71 JennW818

JennW818
  • Jr. Member
  • 267 posts

    Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

    Does anyone know if the Grand Terrace is the same thing as the Terrace Mar?


    Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

    #72 coconoir1908

    coconoir1908
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,136 posts

      Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

      Yes it is. They recently changed the name (some of the Miami Coordinators are unaware of this though) It holds up to 400 people.  Hope this helps.

       

      Originally Posted by JennW818 

      Does anyone know if the Grand Terrace is the same thing as the Terrace Mar?





      #73 MRR16

      MRR16
      • Jr. Member
      • 249 posts

        Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

        Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?



        #74 coconoir1908

        coconoir1908
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,136 posts

          Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:42 AM


          It sure is!  That my second choice depending on the number of guess we will have.  I'm a 12' MP bride ;-)
           

          Originally Posted by MRR16 

          Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?





          #75 JennW818

          JennW818
          • Jr. Member
          • 267 posts

            Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:01 AM


            I'm only planning on having between 30-50 guests.  Will it look silly to have such a small reception in such a large area?  The only choices I have left at this point are the Bugumbilla Terrace or the Grand Terrace.  I'm not a big fan of the Bugumbilla Terrace.  It doesn't look very private at all!  My wedding ceremony is good 10 min walk from the Grand Terrace.  Is that too far to expect my guest to walk? 
             

            Originally Posted by coconoir1908 


            It sure is!  That my second choice depending on the number of guess we will have.  I'm a 12' MP bride ;-)
             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MRR16 

            Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?


             



            Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

            #76 coconoir1908

            coconoir1908
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,136 posts

              Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

              I don't think they would have to walk.  They could use the shuttle transport espeically if you are having older guest.  Thoughts?

               

              Originally Posted by JennW818 


              I'm only planning on having between 30-50 guests.  Will it look silly to have such a small reception in such a large area?  The only choices I have left at this point are the Bugumbilla Terrace or the Grand Terrace.  I'm not a big fan of the Bugumbilla Terrace.  It doesn't look very private at all!  My wedding ceremony is good 10 min walk from the Grand Terrace.  Is that too far to expect my guest to walk? 
               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by coconoir1908 


              It sure is!  That my second choice depending on the number of guess we will have.  I'm a 12' MP bride ;-)
               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MRR16 

              Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?


               

               




              #77 NA2015

              NA2015
              • Jr. Member
              • 170 posts

                Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

                I want firedancers now! :o)



                #78 maykaym4

                maykaym4
                • Newbie
                • 44 posts

                  Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

                  I asked my WC about this, since I was concerned about our older guests.  She said that they provide golf carts to get your wedding guests around, and not to worry about anyone having to walk unless they wanted to.
                   

                  Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

                  I don't think they would have to walk.  They could use the shuttle transport espeically if you are having older guest.  Thoughts?

                   

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JennW818 


                  I'm only planning on having between 30-50 guests.  Will it look silly to have such a small reception in such a large area?  The only choices I have left at this point are the Bugumbilla Terrace or the Grand Terrace.  I'm not a big fan of the Bugumbilla Terrace.  It doesn't look very private at all!  My wedding ceremony is good 10 min walk from the Grand Terrace.  Is that too far to expect my guest to walk? 
                   

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by coconoir1908 


                  It sure is!  That my second choice depending on the number of guess we will have.  I'm a 12' MP bride ;-)
                   

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MRR16 

                  Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?


                   

                   

                   



                  #79 JennW818

                  JennW818
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 267 posts

                    Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

                    Thanks, that certainly makes me feel better.  I'm not sure who your WC is, but at this point, I sure wish she was mine.  I don't understand why each WC tells us something different.  My WC specifically stated that she thought this was a bad option b/c the resort will not provide transportation.

                     

                    Originally Posted by maykaym4 

                    I asked my WC about this, since I was concerned about our older guests.  She said that they provide golf carts to get your wedding guests around, and not to worry about anyone having to walk unless they wanted to.
                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

                    I don't think they would have to walk.  They could use the shuttle transport espeically if you are having older guest.  Thoughts?

                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JennW818 


                    I'm only planning on having between 30-50 guests.  Will it look silly to have such a small reception in such a large area?  The only choices I have left at this point are the Bugumbilla Terrace or the Grand Terrace.  I'm not a big fan of the Bugumbilla Terrace.  It doesn't look very private at all!  My wedding ceremony is good 10 min walk from the Grand Terrace.  Is that too far to expect my guest to walk? 
                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by coconoir1908 


                    It sure is!  That my second choice depending on the number of guess we will have.  I'm a 12' MP bride ;-)
                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MRR16 

                    Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?


                     

                     

                     
                     


                    Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

                    #80 alison15

                    alison15
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 356 posts

                      Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

                      Sometimes you just have to push them.  They do have to set up a lot of this so it might be easier for them if it's closer.  They are also responsible for guiding guests from the wedding to the reception so the if its closer its easier for them.  In fact, our WC had us tell our guests what time to meet in the lobby so the bus would take everyone from Sunrise to Nizuc and then when the arrived at Nizuc, escorted them all to the chapel.  She also arranged to pick up the groomsmen and groom to take them to the Chapel.  

                       

                      Our WC, first was pushing for our cocktail hour to be in the grass area outside of the chapel.  I did not want a cocktail hour in the grass so I insisted it be somewhere else.  She got the gazebo next to our reception it and was perfect.

                       

                      One thing I did not think of was getting back to our side after the reception.  Our WC actually had golf carts waiting to take our guests back to the Sunrise section since our reception was in Nizuc. I would make sure they can get transportation back.  However, we did only have 2 golf carts and 60 guests wanting to go back so many did end up walking rather than waiting.
                       

                      Originally Posted by JennW818 

                      Thanks, that certainly makes me feel better.  I'm not sure who your WC is, but at this point, I sure wish she was mine.  I don't understand why each WC tells us something different.  My WC specifically stated that she thought this was a bad option b/c the resort will not provide transportation.

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by maykaym4 

                      I asked my WC about this, since I was concerned about our older guests.  She said that they provide golf carts to get your wedding guests around, and not to worry about anyone having to walk unless they wanted to.
                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

                      I don't think they would have to walk.  They could use the shuttle transport espeically if you are having older guest.  Thoughts?

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JennW818 


                      I'm only planning on having between 30-50 guests.  Will it look silly to have such a small reception in such a large area?  The only choices I have left at this point are the Bugumbilla Terrace or the Grand Terrace.  I'm not a big fan of the Bugumbilla Terrace.  It doesn't look very private at all!  My wedding ceremony is good 10 min walk from the Grand Terrace.  Is that too far to expect my guest to walk? 
                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by coconoir1908 


                      It sure is!  That my second choice depending on the number of guess we will have.  I'm a 12' MP bride ;-)
                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MRR16 

                      Is Grand Terrace the one near the pool area?


                       

                       

                       
                       
                       




                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users