• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Megan24

Megan24
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TRose
    My dad is not coming to my wedding either..so I'll be walking down the aisle with my sister, a little weird I know but I don't have any other men in my life and I think it would be worse if my future husband walked me down haha
    There is nothing wrong with your sister walking you down the aisle I think it is sweet.

#22 ktnicole

ktnicole
    • 100 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

I will either meet my FI halfway or have him meet me and walk with me. My parents don't speak with me either = ) gotta love family right?!

#23 Eliana

Eliana
      • 676 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Choose someone that it is close to you or simply walk alone. I don't see anything wrong with that! just a confident girl walking towards the love of her life! :)

#24 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
        • 169 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

I have a similar situation, my Dad can't go because of health reasons. So I have asked my little brother to walk me down. I did have a second idea of my fiance's Dad walking me down. I have been in my fiance's life for over 15 years. Just do whatever is going to make you happy on your special day.
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#25 JuliaR

JuliaR
          • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ktnicole
            I will either meet my FI halfway or have him meet me and walk with me. My parents don't speak with me either = ) gotta love family right?!
            I'm in the same situation. My dad JUST disowned both my sister and I (evil step mother's influence, i think). It's why we changed our entire wedding to a DW at the last minute and scrapped a 150 person wedding here at home.

My FI is going to meet me right at the end of the aisle. We'll stop there for second, hold hands, drink each other in and then proceed down the aisle to the altar. I think it's going to be the best moment of the entire ceremony. Who better to walk me down the aisle than the man I trust, and will trust most in this world forever?

#26 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
            • 235 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

JuliaR, I like your idea sounds so romantic. If my Dad couldn't walk me down the aisle, I think I'd walk by myself.
              ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#27 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
              • 222 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

My daddy passed away 10yrs ago, and I thought of going it alone. But when that processed, it sord of scared me. So, my mum will walk me down and give me away :)

#28 Angel-in-Law

Angel-in-Law
                • 250 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ktnicole
                  That is a great idea!

#29 tinalv

tinalv
                  • 52 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:30 AM

My dad might not attend the wedding, so I was actually considering having my fiance's dad walk me down the aisle. We're not super close, but he's a great person and I think he would be happy to do it.

#30 bride2b10

bride2b10
                    • 320 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

My dad passed away also so I'm having my mom walk me down the isle.
                      http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users