The Royal Cancun vs Moon Palce??

I hope the beach has improved! I've looked at thousands (literally) of pictures of the beach and ocean and although it isn't breath taking, I've seen many pictures that are really really pretty. Just depends on which part of the beach you are at. The nice thing is that they have that nice sand with a very large beach and they rake the seaweed everyday.

If someone on TripAdvisor is out to complain, they take pictures of the ugliest parts and post them.

We should ask FutureMrsMoulton when she gets back next week how it looks.

• 6 months later...

I think the Royal is far superior just have a look on trip advisor the Royal is rated the 3rd best hotel in cancun and Moon Palace is rated 19th!!! my cousin got married at moon palace years ago but the water wasn't as amazing as the Royal and if your paying for a destination wedding the beach has to be spot on!!! did anyone find out when spring break runs from?? xx

Congratulations:)

I too was stuck between The Royal and Moon Palace.. In the end I based it on the fact that The Royal is one of the best resorts in Cancun.. And I really liked that I could give my guests the option of staying at the more affordable sister resort next door.. So far the WC has been very helpful.. We email back and forth at least twice a day.. I have heard that after you put the deposit down communication tends to be a lot slower but I am not too worried about.. There is only so much planning you can do from here.. Just make sure you ask all the important things before you put the deposit down..  I have read from many brides that you can just go down there a few days before and finalize all the small details.. Hope this helps!

Check out Del Sols weather guide located here -> http://delsolphotography.com/blog/index.php/seasonalguide.flo

It gives you a good idea what to expect. I am sure you can contact if you have any questions. They live in RM all year round. If any of you ladies are still trying to decided between locations. Check out the Del Sol Wiki located here --> http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wiki/del-sol-photography-slideshows-riviera-maya

They have phtos of both hotels. I picked the Aventura Spa and Cove Palace. I love going their and looking at pictures of my hotels. Makes me want to fly down there TODAY! =)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to MP and the seaweed on the beach really isn't all that bad. And they clear it up every morning and evening...and I have read about other brides seeing them clear out the algae on the day of their wedding...

Originally Posted by dreamgirlie82 View Post

Ladies,
Im having a Reallllly hard time choosing b/w these two resorts! I want to have a Catholic ceremony and both offer beautiful chapels! My initial choice was the Moon Palace, loving how the chapel overlooked the water,and horse drawn carriage. However based on Trip advisors reviews and pics, My fiance noted all the seaweed on the beaches. And being that is is a DW the beach is Important! so we started looking into The Royal Cancun Which has a gorgeous chapel, but im concerned about the washing away of the beach, i would be heart broken if their was construction going on on the beach at the time of a November wedding, 2) the area its located in, is it really in the heart of Spring break Ro? 3) the resort looked beautiful but for some reason kind of small...

Any thoughts or suggestions that may help me to narrow my decision downhuh.gif??