Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from NY??


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 luciel2820

luciel2820
  • Jr. Member
  • 474 posts

    Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

    Hey ladies I am from the Bronx and work in Manhattan as well. Hate that this weekend was full of rain -_-. But on another note, I have just about everything ready for the big day, I think all we need is FI's outift. Where should I go for this I was thinking Macy's or Express, anyone else have a suggestion?

    #22 chrissytina924

    chrissytina924
    • Newbie
    • 145 posts

      Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by luciel2820
      Hey ladies I am from the Bronx and work in Manhattan as well. Hate that this weekend was full of rain -_-. But on another note, I have just about everything ready for the big day, I think all we need is FI's outift. Where should I go for this I was thinking Macy's or Express, anyone else have a suggestion?
      I got the guys outfits from two places.. the shirts from Sears (which was the last place i went for linen and the only place to have it when i bought them last month) and the linen pants from kohls..
      Edward & Christina
      Melia Caribe Tropical
      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      June 26th, 2010

      #23 luciel2820

      luciel2820
      • Jr. Member
      • 474 posts

        Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

        Thanks for the info will def check them out thanks!

        #24 lalanyc

        lalanyc
        • Jr. Member
        • 363 posts

          Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by adridashanne
          Hi Ladies!
          I'm from Brooklyn, work in Manhattan and getting married June 2011 in the Mayan Riviera. Going down this friday for 8 days to do site visits and hopefully confirm June 17, 2011 as the day!
          Here's a question for some of you.... is there anyone planning a Catholic ceremony? And if so, how did your home church take the news about the destination wedding? Did anyone run into any difficulties along the way? My fiance and I are just starting to work with the priest in our home parish about Pre-cana, etc... Crossing my fingers he doesn't disapprove of the destination thing...

          Hi adrida-

          You must be very excited for your site visit!! Hope it goes well.

          Yes, I'm planning a Catholic wedding. I've had more success meeting w/ the priest in Mexico (we did a site visit several weeks ago) than our priest here in NY! It's been IMPOSSIBLE. I've called the church secretary at least half a dozen times and also left messages for the priest at least 3 times. Short of going to mass and cornering him afterward, I am not sure what else to do.

          W/ regard to your concern, the church secretary gave us a bunch of attitude when I told her we werent getting married here ( what the?!! lol)! However, we have to have an approval letter from our local parish in order for the priest in Mexico to marry us, so....

          I'm hoping this added effort will make us appreciate our ceremony that much more! haha

          #25 classadiva

          classadiva
          • Member
          • 685 posts

            Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

            Hey ladies...I live and work in Brooklyn...I'm getting married in July in the Bahamas.

            Luciel...have you seen the HUGE thread on the Wedding Attire board about the $99 Studio Suits? I got my FI's suit from them and will be ordering the groomsmen's suits and shirts from them too.

            #26 luciel2820

            luciel2820
            • Jr. Member
            • 474 posts

              Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

              Yes I did, and I fell in love with the black linen suit, I just know how picky FI can be and he wants to try it on, I might just go ahead and order from them though. Thanks :)

              #27 gigiram77

              gigiram77
              • Newbie
              • 43 posts

                Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

                Hi Ladies,
                I also looked into the $99 linen deal on this site, but as Luciel said, the FI wants to try on suits. So we liked the selection in Banana Republic. They have nice suits. Just a little expensive.

                #28 adridashanne

                adridashanne
                • Newbie
                • 66 posts

                  Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lalanyc
                  Hi adrida-

                  You must be very excited for your site visit!! Hope it goes well.

                  Yes, I'm planning a Catholic wedding. I've had more success meeting w/ the priest in Mexico (we did a site visit several weeks ago) than our priest here in NY! It's been IMPOSSIBLE. I've called the church secretary at least half a dozen times and also left messages for the priest at least 3 times. Short of going to mass and cornering him afterward, I am not sure what else to do.

                  W/ regard to your concern, the church secretary gave us a bunch of attitude when I told her we werent getting married here ( what the?!! lol)! However, we have to have an approval letter from our local parish in order for the priest in Mexico to marry us, so....

                  I'm hoping this added effort will make us appreciate our ceremony that much more! haha
                  lalanyc -
                  It's so funny that you said that about your home priest.. I'm actually kind of going thru the same thing right now! We registered in our parish a few months ago after attending Mass there every Sunday for the past 3 years... I called a week or two ago and spoke w/ the receptionist about the Pre-Cana and meeting w/ the priest. Luckily I did not get the same response that you had, she was just rather like "OH! wow! Congratulations!" The priest wasn't in that afternoon and she was going to have him call me back. Well, it's going on 3 weeks now and I have yet to hear from him.. I guess I could be the better person and pull him aside after church one Sunday but honestly I'm terrified! Since we are just doing our site visits this coming week, I figured I would hit the ball hard when I got back. Since Pre-Cana takes time and so does getting an approval letter, I'm trying to get it all out of the way as soon as I can. I would be devastated to have had planned a beautiful wedding, only to find out I couldn't get approved for it. Ah! I can't even go there.
                  How were you able to meet w/ the Mexican priest? Do you mind me asking who you are using? Does he speak English? I would love to meet up with a priest while we are there next week.
                  ~ Wedding in Tulum at the Grand Palladium resort on JUNE 17, 2011 ~

                  #29 lalanyc

                  lalanyc
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 363 posts

                    Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by adridashanne
                    lalanyc -
                    It's so funny that you said that about your home priest.. I'm actually kind of going thru the same thing right now! We registered in our parish a few months ago after attending Mass there every Sunday for the past 3 years... I called a week or two ago and spoke w/ the receptionist about the Pre-Cana and meeting w/ the priest. Luckily I did not get the same response that you had, she was just rather like "OH! wow! Congratulations!" The priest wasn't in that afternoon and she was going to have him call me back. Well, it's going on 3 weeks now and I have yet to hear from him.. I guess I could be the better person and pull him aside after church one Sunday but honestly I'm terrified! Since we are just doing our site visits this coming week, I figured I would hit the ball hard when I got back. Since Pre-Cana takes time and so does getting an approval letter, I'm trying to get it all out of the way as soon as I can. I would be devastated to have had planned a beautiful wedding, only to find out I couldn't get approved for it. Ah! I can't even go there.
                    How were you able to meet w/ the Mexican priest? Do you mind me asking who you are using? Does he speak English? I would love to meet up with a priest while we are there next week.
                    I hear you. I feel odd about pulling the priest aside after church to get on his calendar! I'm still trying to think of other strategies for now.. (sigh).

                    I found the priest through my WC, as he is based in the parish nearest to the hotel (yes, he speaks English). What hotel are you getting married at? That might dictate the parish where you'll want to get married. Once you decide, then you'll need to inquire which priests there speak English. Unless you have a relationship w/ a specific priest, I dont know how willing they are to perform weddings in adjoining parishes that are not their own. Your WC should be able to give you some leads though!

                    #30 theend903

                    theend903
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 173 posts

                      Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

                      Hi everyone!! I'm from Long Island. I'm getting married Sept 3, 2010 at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Can't wait...I'm so excited I found this website.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users