Photo

Getting married in cuba which resort should i choose??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 frannkie

frannkie
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:33 AM

I am getting married in cuba and can decide between the Iberostar Laguna Azul & the Barcelo Marina Palace. I really like both but the reviews of the Barcelo Marina Palace are making me wonder about this resort.

#2 Dianna

Dianna
    • 358 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum. I vote for the Barcelo, but they are both beautiful!

#3 RonNMel

RonNMel
      • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

I don't know about the Marina Palace, but lots of us here are getting married at the Laguna Azul. Just check out both threads:

http://bestdestinati....-brides-45963/
        http://bestdestinati....big-day-54225/

Both resorts look great, but one complaint I've read about the Marina Palace is that it is HUGE. While there are lots of rooms at the laguna Azul too, the layout makes it so that everything is close by.

#4 Melidell

Melidell
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

I guess my advice is the same- check out threads for both places. Also- give the wedding packages a good look over and see if one place has a package that works better for you. I'm sure which ever one you pick will be gorgeous, though. It's good to do your homework, but keep in mind that every place has some bad reviews so try not to let it stress you too much.
          Loving married life!

#5 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
          • 401 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

We were researching both of those resorts as well! We haven't made a final decision though, but we are leaning towards Sirenis La Salina now. Im sure what ever place you choose will be the place you were meant to get married!
            Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#6 frannkie

frannkie
            • 49 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:17 AM

I really aprreciate all the replies, great advice. It is just so hard choosing one. The only reason I am re-thinking the barcelo is I've heard that the mosquitos are terrible at this particular resort. I know that shouldn't be the only reason for not going there but I don't want my guests to hate me for bringing them there.

#7 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
              • 450 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

I agree with all of the above posts...your best bet is to research, research and more research. When are you planning on getting married? If it isn't for awhile, than just keep your eye on both and maybe something will jump out at you that you like/don't like.

I'm not sure if this would work for you or not, but we also had a really hard time deciding between two resorts as well so I got a few guests to check them both out, and basically 'vote' on which one they would rather stay at. The majority of them did pick the Ib Laguna Azul becasue they all thought how nice it would be to stay somewhere so new.

Congrats and happy planning!!

#8 rainbowbrite

rainbowbrite
                • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

I stayed at the Barcelo 2 yrs ago- it was nice but 5 star resorts in Mexico are MUCH better. I stayed on the Island- which is suppose to be the better part of the resort, it was just okay. Our rooms were cleaned very late in the day & service was very lax- none of the service was over the top. The food was just okay. The land is kind if swampy- so there were LOTS of mosquitos (noseeum bugs) . there .

There was no "wow" at the resort.... beach wasn't super nice either.....

Take my comments with a grain of salt since I never got married there & just went to have  relaxing time... I did have a great

time but woul never go back to this specific resort.

#9 Dasha

Dasha
                  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hi frannkie!

I am in a similar situation, not having the easiest time picking the resort...

I thought I had my heart set on Blau but they do not seem to have a private place you can book for dancing, so we would all have to go to the disco after dinner to dance.

My FI really liked Iberostar Laguna Asul and I am not considering it too! Barcelo did not make it on our radar somehow, but I'm going to look into it now. The one thing I did like about ILA is that there seem to be a lot of people getting married there, so the information is a little easier to attain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users