24 Booked plus bride & groom

#62 Kits55

Kits55
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by SunBride 

Great job! I'm glad you ended up with a product you are happy with considering all the turmoil you went through.

And I second Fotofusion (I also ordered it after hearing reading Morgan's thread about it). I'm using it for my photobook (which yes, still isn't done TWO YEARS LATER!) and it's really easy to do. It's great for perfectionists (like me!) who want to be able to control every single detail of their page layouts. Although in the meantime, since I started this project a year and a half ago, Blurb (who I am planning to order my book from) now allows you to customize layouts (i.e. move around, add and delete photo and text boxes), so if you are going through Blurb, there is less need for a program like fotofusion then there used to be.

I use Blurb to print off a book of my blog. You can customize layouts but you can't export them for use at other sites like you can with Fotofusion. I don't think their book quality is as good as BRI's but for anyone who wants a less expensive book then Blurb would be pretty good. Someone could also use Blurb if they wanted to do a parent's album or albums for guests, etc.

Simistar- even though I think I already told you your album rocks, well, it ROCKS! Thank goodness for a new Mac, right? ;) Your planning and now your album have inspired a lot of brides, myself included!! Amazing job! :)

#63 Simistar

Simistar
    • 645 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kits55 

I use Blurb to print off a book of my blog. You can customize layouts but you can't export them for use at other sites like you can with Fotofusion. I don't think their book quality is as good as BRI's but for anyone who wants a less expensive book then Blurb would be pretty good. Someone could also use Blurb if they wanted to do a parent's album or albums for guests, etc.

Simistar- even though I think I already told you your album rocks, well, it ROCKS! Thank goodness for a new Mac, right? ;) Your planning and now your album have inspired a lot of brides, myself included!! Amazing job! :)

Hey girl!

That's very nice of you to say...but you know I got some inspiration from your pro album!:-)

And the funny thing is, I didn't actually use my new Mac for this project, I used my old PC laptop:-) FF is made for PCs...you CAN run it on a Mac but you need a special program (Parallels or similar I believe) which I didn't have...

As for what company to use, if other brides out there are looking for something less expensive than Black River Imaging, I posted a link in another thread to a review I read online... This guy ordered from about 15 different companies (like Mpix, Picaboo, Blurb, etc) and compared them all, in terms of quality etc... It's a good read if you're wondering what company to use...

Here's a link to that thread...(with the link to the review:-))

http://www.bestdesti...ead-this-review

#64 taylorwd

taylorwd
      • 932 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Oooh, great job!  Thank you for this!

#65 asimpler

asimpler
        • Banned
        • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

That looks great!

#66 gonzaloNunez

gonzaloNunez
          • Insiders
          • 227 posts
            • LocationMexico

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

I love your album! The quality is excellent!

Posted Image

Gonzalo Nunez - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - www.gonzalonunez.com - Facebook Fanpage
            Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico, rest of the world.

#67 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
            • 230 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

thanks for all the great advice, your album looks amazing!! professional! This inspires me to do my own also! Thanks!

#68 nikkidee1214

nikkidee1214
              • 168 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

your album is amazing

#69 love88

love88
                • Banned
                • 155 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

fantastic pics..thanks for the links!

#70 magirl