My DIY Flushmount Album...FINALLY! Review *With Pics!*

Great album! You've given me hope that a first-timer like me can actually create one as gorgeous as yours too. Our own photographer sent us the CD of pics, and then vanished into thin air! She won't return email and at this point, I'm not holding out hope that she will ever give us the album and portrait we paid for! I sent her one last email, and if she doesn't respond by tomorrow, I'll make sure to write another post about my experience with her so that other brides don't fall into the same trap. But, I digress ... GREAT ALBUM!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful! You really did a lovely job with your photobook. I've been looking into this site for creating a book as well. I'm wondering what level you downloaded to create yours-scrapbooking essentials, enhanced, or extreme? I'd love if you could get back to me!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplnsweet View Post
How are you liking the Olympics my fellow Canuck!
Love it and hate it all at the same time:-)
GREAT energy and excitement in the city...but it also means I'm working about 28 days straight and going bananas monkey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl View Post
I'll make sure to write another post about my experience with her so that other brides don't fall into the same trap. But, I digress ... GREAT ALBUM!!
Good lord! Absolutely, you should post something. I too had problems with our photographer, so I can sympathize...but it looks from your siggy pic anyway that you at least got some great photos?;-)
In any case, your review could help future brides...

And I'm SURE with the CD you have you can make a gorgeous book! Or have someone design it for you if you're not comfortable with that...but like I said, it was my first time, and if I can do it, so can you!:-)

Honestly, if you need ANY help at all, I'm MORE than happy to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait713 View Post
Beautiful! You really did a lovely job with your photobook. I've been looking into this site for creating a book as well. I'm wondering what level you downloaded to create yours-scrapbooking essentials, enhanced, or extreme? I'd love if you could get back to me!
Thanks!
I bought the extreme version...but ONLY because I wanted a 12x12 book with 12x24 panaromic layouts and you can only do them that large with Extreme.
And b/c as far as I could tell, that's the only version where you can save multiple layouts to one project and be able to see them all at once while you're working on a project.
(*I also like doing that kind of stuff and figure I'll do more projects with holiday pictures and help friends out, lol:-))

That said, I think you can buy just the Essentials version and have everything you need...for a LOT cheaper:-)
If the largest you want to go is 10x10, you can do panoramic layouts with Essentials for 10x19 layouts.
And you'll just have to save each page as a separate project...which is kind of inconvenient, but again, cheaper:-)

Then again, if you like this kind of stuff, like I do, may be worth splurging for the Extreme:-)

I'm certainly no expert with it, but if you need any help, just ask!

I actually designed my whole album using the trial version, then bought it.
You can use the trial for as long as you want, it's just that if you haven't bought it, it will print with a "Lumapix" watermark all over it:-)

Wow amazing. Glad it worked out for you. I read your review a while back regarding your photographer so it is nice to see you were still able to make a kick ass album :)

After seeing this thread I started researching more on Flush mount albums.

Can anyone here comment on the differences between BRI and the other so called "higher" end albums like Zook, KISS, Finao? I know they only sell to photographers and I have a few friends who can setup an account, but just wondering is it worth it to go that far? Can anyone give me a ballpark price difference between BRI and Zook/Finao/KISS and also the difference in quality?

Just trying to weigh my options. Glad I found this thread otherwise I would have just made a photobook on Shutterfly :o

Thank you in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simistar View Post
Honestly, if you need ANY help at all, I'm MORE than happy to help!
I just may take you up on your offer! I'm learning (albeit verrryy slowly) how to edit my pics in Adobe PS. Once I'm happy with the results, I'll move onto Lumapix and create the layouts. That's probably the point you'll be getting a PM or two from me, begging for help! I really appreciate having a back-up, as right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the size and complexity of a project like this.

You did a gorgeous job on your flush mount album! I'm impressed. Beautiful layout and design.

I use fotofusion/lumapix as well for all my albums and it's so easy to use!

For anyone interested we already have a thread started on the basics:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s-tricks-9563/

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl View Post
I just may take you up on your offer! I'm learning (albeit verrryy slowly) how to edit my pics in Adobe PS. Once I'm happy with the results, I'll move onto Lumapix and create the layouts. That's probably the point you'll be getting a PM or two from me, begging for help! I really appreciate having a back-up, as right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the size and complexity of a project like this.
LOL -- no problem! I'm happy to help if I can!
Again, though, I'm no expert, just learned through lots of trial and error:-)
Sorry for the late response... have been super busy at work and then caught a nasty cold... but am back at it now:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Melissa~ View Post
You did a gorgeous job on your flush mount album! I'm impressed. Beautiful layout and design.

I use fotofusion/lumapix as well for all my albums and it's so easy to use!

For anyone interested we already have a thread started on the basics:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s-tricks-9563/
Thank you so much!
And also -- thanks for the link to that thread! I never knew that was here! Might have saved me a LOT of hassle, haha:-)

• 1 month later...

Great job! I'm glad you ended up with a product you are happy with considering all the turmoil you went through.

And I second Fotofusion (I also ordered it after hearing reading Morgan's thread about it). I'm using it for my photobook (which yes, still isn't done TWO YEARS LATER!) and it's really easy to do. It's great for perfectionists (like me!) who want to be able to control every single detail of their page layouts. Although in the meantime, since I started this project a year and a half ago, Blurb (who I am planning to order my book from) now allows you to customize layouts (i.e. move around, add and delete photo and text boxes), so if you are going through Blurb, there is less need for a program like fotofusion then there used to be.