Photo

Photographers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bermuda Bride to Be

Bermuda Bride to Be
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hey there... my brother is planning on getting married in Mexico October 2010. The resort says that he can only use the on site photographer but there are lots of ladies that used Del Sol and they have amazing pictures.

How does that work? What do you tell the hotel? Do they ask questions? Do you use the hotel photographer too? Does anyone have pricing or how it compares to the hotel?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    *Forever in Love*

#2 lalanyc

lalanyc
    • 363 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

If he decides to go w/ a "non approved" photographer, they may charge him a hefty fee. He should inquire w/ his resort wedding coordinator. Also, Del Sol books up very early! If he has his heart set on them, he should check on their availability asap!

#3 Scott C

Scott C
      • 49 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

Best thing is to contact Del Sol and ask them what the story is. They may have working relationships with the resort you are going to and have no issues there. If not then my guess is they will know what to expect and can advise you. They are excellent togs and in that area so that is a bonus. Mexico can be a little different. Grease the right wheel and you have no trouble. The issue is knowing which wheel to grease.

#4 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Each resort is a little different...outside vendors weren't permitted at our resort but I used Del Sol...when I went to my meeting with our WC I just told her I didn't need the resort photographer but didn't tell her we were using another photog. I just asked and paid for their day passes. I figured it was better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission when it came to my wedding pictures :)
          Some resorts permit it but with a fee so I would just check his wedding contract carefully.

#5 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Bermuda Bride to Be
            Hey there... my brother is planning on getting married in Mexico October 2010. The resort says that he can only use the on site photographer but there are lots of ladies that used Del Sol and they have amazing pictures.

How does that work? What do you tell the hotel? Do they ask questions? Do you use the hotel photographer too? Does anyone have pricing or how it compares to the hotel?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
            We have shot in a few resorts where no outside vendors are allowed. Its really a circus here and yes, there are loop holes to jump through to get anything done in Mexico...

Some of these resorts here, we have just stopped working at because they really stink Not naming any names!!!

send Melissa, our studio manager a shout OUT for info. info @ delsolphotography .com

good luck with your planning and thanks for thinking about del Sol :)

mateo

PS... one of our most recent shoots at the royal, from Sr Vincent:
            Kelli + Ben-Royal PDC
            PS. the Royal now charges $350 USD. Just a year or so ago, it was about $125. ouchy.

#6 julieswedding

julieswedding
            • 89 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

We used the resort photographer provided with the sapphire wedding package, for my daughters wedding 2 weeks ago, at Aventura Spa Palace. He was amazing! We are very pleased.
              Check out some of the photos here:

http://share.shutter....1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

#7 wedding decor

wedding decor
              • Banned
              • 109 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

This outside vendor fee is really such a problem down here mostly for suppliers with quality and service.

Just tell the hotel that Del Sol Photography are a step above everyone lese and you won't do your wedding without them!

#8 julieswedding

julieswedding
                • 89 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

We were thrilled with the resort photographers photos at Aventura Spa Palace. They could not be any better and everyone who looks at them says they are amazing and the best they have ever seen. They ask if we flew our own photographer in and are surprised that it was one of the resort photographers. First class photos all the way and we received them before we left Mexico (4 days after the wedding).

#9 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NaM
                    Each resort is a little different...outside vendors weren't permitted at our resort but I used Del Sol...when I went to my meeting with our WC I just told her I didn't need the resort photographer but didn't tell her we were using another photog. I just asked and paid for their day passes. I figured it was better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission when it came to my wedding pictures :)
                    Some resorts permit it but with a fee so I would just check his wedding contract carefully.
                    I agree with this advice to the fullest, and it's what I plan on doing!
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#10 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
                    • 276 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Does anyone know what Secrets Maroma Beach does for outside photographers? Photography is the most important thing to me for the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users