Photo

Is or has anyone stayed at Paradisus Palma Real...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

I have Bana for our welcome dinner, I can't wait to hear how you like it!
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#42 estros23

estros23
    • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hello, I am getting married at the PPR on October 10, 2008. I am also having my rehersal dinner at Bana Bistro. Are you ladies having a cocktail hour before the reception? My Fiance & I are debating whether or not to have one since it is so costly. We chose the a la carte reception at the Gabi Beach Club which seems to have so many added expenses.

#43 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

We are doing the aqua package which comes with a cocktail hr or half hr. Otherwise i dont think i would have one. I've heard from a few girls it's just as easy to have your guests meet at one of the nearby bars and do cocktails there. It would probably save you a lot of dough.

#44 limon_b

limon_b
        • 58 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

we are doing the chill out chic package, but I need to see if it worth while to do a package versus going al carte.
          One of the ladies on the forum stated there is a bar really close to the beach and it may not be necessary to have a private cocktail reception.
          Hmmmm...but there are plus sides to the package...I need to make a definite decision soon.

#45 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

Having honeymooned at PPR, I would recommend that you do NOT pay for an extra cocktail hour. What we did (at PPC, and it would work the same, probably even better, at PPR) was just let guests know to meet us at either the Lobby Bar or the Gabi Bar at certain times for cocktails. At PPR, those bars were not very crowded, and they are the nicest ... so you can easily mingle in those areas (the Lobby Bar is cooler and has tons of huge chairs, sofas, etc ... so that would be my recommendation) and not have to worry about extra costs.

#46 limon_b

limon_b
            • 58 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:04 PM

Decided to stick with the package. With the number of guest attending our wedding it was cheaper to go with the package versus al carte...but it may not be for everyone.
              The cocktail reception comes with the package.

#47 paradisus_bride

paradisus_bride
              • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:10 PM

Hi ladies,

I am new to the site and will also be getting married at the Paradisus Palma Real. The wedding date is December 5, 2008 and I we will have about 40 guest. We have planned our welcome dinner for Bana as well so I am looking forward to hearing the reviews. I've heard really bad reviews about the dj's that the resort uses. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tira

#48 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

We ate at Bana our first night at PPR and it was just OK. Great atmosphere for a large group, but it was our least favorite meal while at PPR.

#49 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by paradisus_bride
                    Hi ladies,

I am new to the site and will also be getting married at the Paradisus Palma Real. The wedding date is December 5, 2008 and I we will have about 40 guest. We have planned our welcome dinner for Bana as well so I am looking forward to hearing the reviews. I've heard really bad reviews about the dj's that the resort uses. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tira
                    Hi Tira. I'm going to burn CDs with the music i want, i figure the DJ can't mess that up. I really hadn't heard anything bad about the dj before, now you have me worried. a few girls have used ipods and had no problems, maybe you could go that route.

#50 paradisus_bride

paradisus_bride
                    • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

A friend of mine just came back from a wedding and she said that everything was perfect other than the music. I think I'll take your suggestion and burn cds just in case.

Tira

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users