Is or has anyone stayed at Paradisus Palma Real...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PPR Brides,

Here are some picture that I posted on shutterfly. I really recommend that when you go you do the excersions, we did the Carribean Festival Party Boat which included snorkeling/drinks/light refreshments/and entertainment. It was really fun we paid like $70 but it was worth it. Well any questions please let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Jessica

paradisuspalmareal.shutterfly.com

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im excited, stressed, tired, overwhelm, happy, etc! Any word that you can think of that describes me. I leave on July 18th. Im on travel for work now for 4 days and Im sure you know that all i can think is that is 4 days that I cant do something for the wedding. But maybe thats a good thing because i was starting to stress myself out. I never thought I would be that type of bride because I thought oh destination wedding = easy. HA! but it has been a lot of fun planning and i cant imagine what i will do when it is all over. I picked up my dress last week and I cried because i dont think it fits right. I accused the lady of not taking it in. She said if she takes it in anymore i wont be able to sit down. I actually contemplated that then realized I had lost it. smile116.gif I guess the stress is getting to me and I am losing weight in all the wrong places but i dont see it and i still feel like my stomach wont budge!

But anyway I picked the Beach BBQ. I chose choice #3 for the menu. SALADS: Classic Caesar salad with grilled sea scallops; Field green salad with grilled vegetables, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette; BBQ chicken chopped salad

ON THE GRILL: Baby pork ribs BBQ; Salmon medallions; Rib eye steak; Half lobsters DESSERT: Custard flan; Passion fruit mousse; Chocolate cake with mint essence. I wished i could have mixed and matched from all of the choices but Im pretty happy with this one.

My wedding starts at 5, cocktail hour at 6 and reception 7 -10. I am so worried that people will get bored. Im not having a DJ (using an IPOD) I just couldnt justify the cost especially when I asked about when I asked about the playlist and i couldnt receive it. I have 37 guests. Any ideas on what i can do to entertain them from 7 - 10 or am I overanalyzing as usual. smile105.gif

MrsTrusell2B:

I have worked and seen several weddings in Paradisus ambient. You would observe as stress level changes when you arrive, because for the hotel staff weddings are routine. I guess for you isnâ€t a routine. Realise one dancing contest with your guests, brings different musical rhythms, make sure IPod has the power required for a good sound. And enjoys the moment that is not going away to repeat.

Juan Guzman dfotoart

We stayed at PPR for a friend's destination wedding last April...AMAZING! The rooms are GORGEOUS and a lot of our group was upgraded. The reception good was the best we had our entire stay. It was some sort of buffet. The pool was fantastic and everyone with us had a blast!! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTrussell2B View Post
Im excited, stressed, tired, overwhelm, happy, etc! Any word that you can think of that describes me. I leave on July 18th. Im on travel for work now for 4 days and Im sure you know that all i can think is that is 4 days that I cant do something for the wedding. But maybe thats a good thing because i was starting to stress myself out. I never thought I would be that type of bride because I thought oh destination wedding = easy. HA! but it has been a lot of fun planning and i cant imagine what i will do when it is all over. I picked up my dress last week and I cried because i dont think it fits right. I accused the lady of not taking it in. She said if she takes it in anymore i wont be able to sit down. I actually contemplated that then realized I had lost it. smile116.gif I guess the stress is getting to me and I am losing weight in all the wrong places but i dont see it and i still feel like my stomach wont budge!
But anyway I picked the Beach BBQ. I chose choice #3 for the menu. SALADS: Classic Caesar salad with grilled sea scallops; Field green salad with grilled vegetables, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette; BBQ chicken chopped salad
ON THE GRILL: Baby pork ribs BBQ; Salmon medallions; Rib eye steak; Half lobsters DESSERT: Custard flan; Passion fruit mousse; Chocolate cake with mint essence. I wished i could have mixed and matched from all of the choices but Im pretty happy with this one.

My wedding starts at 5, cocktail hour at 6 and reception 7 -10. I am so worried that people will get bored. Im not having a DJ (using an IPOD) I just couldnt justify the cost especially when I asked about when I asked about the playlist and i couldnt receive it. I have 37 guests. Any ideas on what i can do to entertain them from 7 - 10 or am I overanalyzing as usual. smile105.gif
I think the 4 days break from wedding stuff would do ya good. Sometimes i need a mental break like that. i love the beach bbq menu you picked out. Sounds really good. are they charging you for the 45 people minimum? I only have about 31 people going now so i wont have anywhere near the minimum. I'm leaning towards having my reception on the olympic terrace now instead of the beach. So i don't have to worry about lighting and a dance floor.

I think your guests will be fine from 7-10. eating, the dances (bride/groom, father/daughter, etc), and cake cutting probably eats an hr. so there's two hrs where they can mingle and dance themselves. i think the time will fly by.

I'm sure you look beautiful in your dress, your just stressed right now. I can't wait to hear how everything turned out when you get back!