Not invited to Mexico, invite to shower?

Im only inviting friends and my parents to Mexico because:

1. Thats the only people I really want there

2. Im pretty sure other family cannot afford to and if I invite 1 I have to invite everyone

3. We already have 70ppl invited and I was trying to keep it as small as possible

So, If I have a shower, is it in bad taste to invite everyone?

Keep in mind we are hosting a full reception once we get back so everyone is invited to that!

I think if they are invited to the reception then they can be invited to the shower! I'm not having a reception and only invited about 40 or so to the wedding, so we decided not to have a shower. We didn't invite a lot of FI's family because we knew they couldn't afford a week in the Virgin Islands, but I feel like they should be at a shower (because I've gone to all of their's!) so we just decided not to have one :)

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonir View Post
I think if they are invited to the reception then they can be invited to the shower! I'm not having a reception and only invited about 40 or so to the wedding, so we decided not to have a shower. We didn't invite a lot of FI's family because we knew they couldn't afford a week in the Virgin Islands, but I feel like they should be at a shower (because I've gone to all of their's!) so we just decided not to have one :)

Good luck!
To me, a shower is for your closest friends and family and if you didn't think they were close enough to invite to the wedding I wouldn't invite them to the shower. I would probably think it was kind of rude to be invited to give someone a gift and not invited to share in their day with them. "You want a gift from me, but not for me to share in your wedding with you?!?" If you were only inviting a few people to the wedding then maybe I could understand, but 70 people is a lot.

You will most likely still get gifts from them for the AHR if that's the point of inviting them to your shower.

Just my thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
To me, a shower is for your closest friends and family and if you didn't think they were close enough to invite to the wedding I wouldn't invite them to the shower. I would probably think it was kind of rude to be invited to give someone a gift and not invited to share in their day with them. "You want a gift from me, but not for me to share in your wedding with you?!?" If you were only inviting a few people to the wedding then maybe I could understand, but 70 people is a lot.

You will most likely still get gifts from them for the AHR if that's the point of inviting them to your shower.

Just my thoughts...
I tend to agree with this - typically only the closer set of family and friends get invited to the shower, and these people are almost always invited to the wedding (why wouldn't they be!?). So to invite people to the shower and not the wedding would seem in poor taste to me personally.

We're having 40 people join us in Mexico and also having a fairly large AHR so I'm inviting everyone to the shower as well since this will also include the people we invited to Mexico but declined.

I sincerely hope that people wouldn't think I invited them to the shower to simply get a gift. It's about spending time with friends and family, not filling my registry!

What gets me is, do I invite the +1 to the shower?? For example, our good friend's girlfriend who is joining us in Mexico??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
We're having 40 people join us in Mexico and also having a fairly large AHR so I'm inviting everyone to the shower as well since this will also include the people we invited to Mexico but declined.

I sincerely hope that people wouldn't think I invited them to the shower to simply get a gift. It's about spending time with friends and family, not filling my registry!

What gets me is, do I invite the +1 to the shower?? For example, our good friend's girlfriend who is joining us in Mexico??
+1 to the shower? I don't think so. The shower is for close family and friends - the bride should know and love anyone who is invited. But it also depends on the type of shower. Is it in a restaurant where there is limited seating and costs more per person, or is it in someone's house. Restaurant showers should be restricted, but at a person's house - more can be invited.