Officiant Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tinamariezzz

tinamariezzz
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking into different destinations for my wedding and have not read or seen anything about having a friend officiate the services for a destination wedding. My FI and I are not the most reglious or spiritual people so we were thinking of having a close friend or family member perform the service for us.

We are narrowing it down to either St. Lucia, Antigua, or T&C....is this something they allow?

Thanks!

#2 tinamariezzz

tinamariezzz
    • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking into different destinations for my wedding and have not read or seen anything about having a friend officiate the services for a destination wedding. My FI and I are not the most reglious or spiritual people so we were thinking of having a close friend or family member perform the service for us.

We are narrowing it down to either St. Lucia, Antigua, or T&C....is this something they allow?

Thanks!

#3 NaM

NaM
      • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

I don't think you can have a friend do it and it be legal out of the country. They would only be ordained in their jurisdiction, but if you wanted to just have a symbolic ceremony and get married legally in the US first...i think they would allow that.

#4 *Lo*

*Lo*
        • 2,993 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

My understanding is if you have a symbolic ceremony, anyone can officiate, so maybe that's something you're interested in?

Then get married legally in your hometown at a courthouse or whatever place makes it legal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users