Hey girls!  I'm an Azul Sensatori bride, and since we're both using Lomas, I have a question...  Do any of you have Gladys R. as your WC?  Nobody on the Azul thread seems to have her, and I'm just searching around to see if I can get any tips or words of wisdom from someone else using her.

Thanks!  Jaime

Azul Sensatori, May 7, 2011!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Girls!

I just got back from a trip to EDR

had a site visit at El Dorado Maroma- which we almost cancelled bc we originally went down there to see AS and EDR but our TA said we MUST see Maroma

and thank god we did!

ladies the place is absolutely gorgeous!!!!  the staff there treated us like king and queen!  they showed us around the entire property... saw 3 types of rooms, including honeymoon suite which is to die for!

fed us appetizers, drinks, champagne. so so so nice and helpful.

the hotel is just perfect for a wedding, small and intimate with super attentive staff.  they only hold one wedding a day and they seem like they will be very accommodating to your needs/wants for the wedding day. I feel like AS and EDR are so big that we might get lost in the shuffle, if you know what i mean?  I felt like we would just be another wedding to them, they were nowhere near as accommodating or helpful as Maroma.  To be honest EDR didnt really even want to be bothered with showing us around the property for wedding locations, I had to begggg the lady to just show me reception options! meanwhile there were 3 women in the office sitting around doing nothing.

at Maroma, the hotel itself is small enough that I felt like your wedding would really stand out and it would be impossible for the staff to not be super attentive.

FH & I are still deciding if we want to jump in on the destination wedding idea, but if we do, it will definitely be at Maroma...I have pics too but will need some time to upload them.

any questions, just ask!

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at honeymoon options for February and El Dorado Maroma is on the top of my list. I saw that you got a chance to see the honeymoon suite. Any chance you took any pictures?! What floor was it on? I love the idea of being able to just walk right out onto the beach and from the pictures on the website, it doesn't look like you can do that with the honeymoon suite, but if it's just that wonderful (and it's available during our honeymoon!), not sure why we would pass it up! Thoughts?!

Thanks!!!!

Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post

Hello Girls!

I just got back from a trip to EDR

had a site visit at El Dorado Maroma- which we almost cancelled bc we originally went down there to see AS and EDR but our TA said we MUST see Maroma

and thank god we did!

ladies the place is absolutely gorgeous!!!!  the staff there treated us like king and queen!  they showed us around the entire property... saw 3 types of rooms, including honeymoon suite which is to die for!

fed us appetizers, drinks, champagne. so so so nice and helpful.

the hotel is just perfect for a wedding, small and intimate with super attentive staff.  they only hold one wedding a day and they seem like they will be very accommodating to your needs/wants for the wedding day. I feel like AS and EDR are so big that we might get lost in the shuffle, if you know what i mean?  I felt like we would just be another wedding to them, they were nowhere near as accommodating or helpful as Maroma.  To be honest EDR didnt really even want to be bothered with showing us around the property for wedding locations, I had to begggg the lady to just show me reception options! meanwhile there were 3 women in the office sitting around doing nothing.

at Maroma, the hotel itself is small enough that I felt like your wedding would really stand out and it would be impossible for the staff to not be super attentive.

FH & I are still deciding if we want to jump in on the destination wedding idea, but if we do, it will definitely be at Maroma...I have pics too but will need some time to upload them.

any questions, just ask!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I am getting married in two weeks at El Dorado Maroma, and had two questions.

Has anyone used their DJ, his name is DJ Fernando? El Dorado Maroma charges $1,500 for a DJ for 4 hours, are there any other brides at any of the El Dorado resorts using their DJ services. It's too late to change the DJ now, but just curious what others' experiences have been....

Also, I was told by my wedding coordinator that their in-house make-up artist uses make-up from Spain called Alizée Bronté, which I never heard of.  When I googled it, Alissi Bronte came up, which am sure that's what she meant. Am concerned about this line because (1) never heard of it (2) don't know how my skin will react (3) I may not like their makeup

I want to bring a make-up artist I know from Playa del Carmen's department store to the hotel without being charged the ridiculous $500 for "outside vendor".  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karla 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any bars on site that are open at night? I can't seem to find any mention of that. We have a lot of young people in my group, and I know this isn't supposed to be a party resort, but I'd like to have the option to drink and dance at night without having to watch a Michael Jackson show. Nothing too crazy, but just a simple bar and a dancefloor would be nice.

I don't want my guests to have to cab it to town every night...

Hi All,

I had my wedding at El Dorado Maroma a few weeks ago and it turned out amazing.  The on site coordinators were extremely helpful and made sure everything was set up and put together better than I could have thought to do it myself.  The resort is small about 72 rooms.  I had visited it before about three years ago and knew it was the perfect place for what we were looking for.  We had a group of 50 and because of the resorts size we were able to enjoy our wedding and vacation with our family and friends without having to deal with the large groups of people and distractions of a larger resort.  Our group was mostly 20-30 year olds and it worked out perfectly.  There is a bar open at night that will have nightly entertainment on the weekends, but it only last about 45 min to an hour.  Our group was always the only ones at the bar and each night they let us plug in our ipod to their sound system and have our own dance party.  The drinks are all top shelf liquor and they will make you whatever you ask for.  The food is by far the best food I have had at an all inclusive resort and far exceeded all of our expectations.  The rooms are beautiful, the pools and grounds are the perfect back drop and the beach is one of the prettiest I have ever seen.  We had a Mexican Donkey Bar cocktail hour as a welcome event which was a good way to start off the weekend.  We had the ceremony on the beach (the minister they used was amazing and made the ceremony feel very special and personal)  We had a dinner reception at Sabores Restaurant.  I chose this because although the beach is beautiful, I did not want to risk it being the end of October and having to deal with wind/rain/cold.  But the beach would have worked just as well.  We chose to use their Amplifiers with our IPOD instead of the DJ.  This worked out perfectly and we were able to play exactly what we wanted.  The coordinators introduced us when we walked in and their was a microphone for speeches as well.  We also had the cigar roller at the end of the night which  ended up being a great addition to the reception.  The one thing that sets this resort apart from others I have been to is the customer service and personal attention you get from the staff.  It says a lot when you have a large wedding group and the staff makes a point to get to know everyone's name and makes them feel at home.  Even though we had our wedding in Mexico it felt very personal and we were able to spend time together as a group instead of being part of a larger resort. The general manager and head chef both introduced themselves the first day and told us how much they appreciated us having our wedding at their resort.  They made you feel like part of their family at EDM not just another guest.   EDM only has one wedding a day, we were the only wedding that weekend.  There was never a question of being able to have the ceremony on the beach because of another wedding group, this gave you the feeling that your event was given all the care and attention you could ask for.  This is truly an incredible place for a destination wedding and I wouldn't have changed a thing!  We also use Citlalli Rico as our photographer who was incredible.  She was so kind and great to work with.  If you get a chance to look at her website and photos they are amazing!

Originally Posted by GCSC212 View Post

Hi All,

I had my wedding at El Dorado Maroma a few weeks ago and it turned out amazing.  The on site coordinators were extremely helpful and made sure everything was set up and put together better than I could have thought to do it myself.  The resort is small about 72 rooms.  I had visited it before about three years ago and knew it was the perfect place for what we were looking for.  We had a group of 50 and because of the resorts size we were able to enjoy our wedding and vacation with our family and friends without having to deal with the large groups of people and distractions of a larger resort.  Our group was mostly 20-30 year olds and it worked out perfectly.  There is a bar open at night that will have nightly entertainment on the weekends, but it only last about 45 min to an hour.  Our group was always the only ones at the bar and each night they let us plug in our ipod to their sound system and have our own dance party.  The drinks are all top shelf liquor and they will make you whatever you ask for.  The food is by far the best food I have had at an all inclusive resort and far exceeded all of our expectations.  The rooms are beautiful, the pools and grounds are the perfect back drop and the beach is one of the prettiest I have ever seen.  We had a Mexican Donkey Bar cocktail hour as a welcome event which was a good way to start off the weekend.  We had the ceremony on the beach (the minister they used was amazing and made the ceremony feel very special and personal)  We had a dinner reception at Sabores Restaurant.  I chose this because although the beach is beautiful, I did not want to risk it being the end of October and having to deal with wind/rain/cold.  But the beach would have worked just as well.  We chose to use their Amplifiers with our IPOD instead of the DJ.  This worked out perfectly and we were able to play exactly what we wanted.  The coordinators introduced us when we walked in and their was a microphone for speeches as well.  We also had the cigar roller at the end of the night which  ended up being a great addition to the reception.  The one thing that sets this resort apart from others I have been to is the customer service and personal attention you get from the staff.  It says a lot when you have a large wedding group and the staff makes a point to get to know everyone's name and makes them feel at home.  Even though we had our wedding in Mexico it felt very personal and we were able to spend time together as a group instead of being part of a larger resort. The general manager and head chef both introduced themselves the first day and told us how much they appreciated us having our wedding at their resort.  They made you feel like part of their family at EDM not just another guest.   EDM only has one wedding a day, we were the only wedding that weekend.  There was never a question of being able to have the ceremony on the beach because of another wedding group, this gave you the feeling that your event was given all the care and attention you could ask for.  This is truly an incredible place for a destination wedding and I wouldn't have changed a thing!  We also use Citlalli Rico as our photographer who was incredible.  She was so kind and great to work with.  If you get a chance to look at her website and photos they are amazing!

Hi there! Congratulations, and so happy to hear about your experience! I hope you can put up pictures soon!

I had a couple of questions. How far is the resort from the bar strip? Just in case my friends want to go into town to party a couple of times... Also, did you have to pay for the welcome event, and was it private? I'm considering having a rehearsal dinner as a welcome event, but doubt I can afford it. What other welcome event options would you recommend?

Thank you!  I will post some pictures as soon as I receive them!

Playa Del Carmen is about a 25-30 minute cab ride form the resort.  They have bar, clubs restaurants and shopping in town and the cost of the cab is around $30.  The welcome cocktail was about $12 per person and we had around 50 people, so it wasn't free but it was the most affordable option we found.  It was semi-private.  we had it around one of the smaller pools so it wasn't sectioned off from the other guests.  However I did not see one guest that wasn't with us around the pool area the entire time.  To tell you the truth the whole trip we felt like our group of people were the only people at the resort, which made it a really unique experience for us.  We were going to have a rehearsal dinner, but we were doing a dinner reception after the wedding so we wanted to mix it up a bit and do something different.  It was about a 2 hour cocktail party the first day people arrived, so everyone could meet and get to know each other.  But you also have the option to do a large dinner reservation with the wedding package.  You can do a reservation for 20 people at no additional cost and every person over 20 is $25.  We chose to take advantage of this one night by just having a dinner with the immediate family which was about 15 people.