HI Karla, welcome back!!

I haven't heard of any great make-up artists in Cancun, I decided to go to my favorite make-up counter where I live, have them show me a few things and just just buy what they use. I didn't want to waste my time down there doing a trial and then not even like it and be stuck with nothing!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I am getting married at the Maroma in Aprill 2011! It looks like no one has responded to this thread that has gotten married there, yet. How is everyone's wedding plans going so far? I'm just getting started - ordered save the date cards earlier this week. I have been corresponding with Valeria at EDM as well.

Hope to hear from someone!

-Tila

Welcome Tila!!

My wedding is in less than 4 months, I'm making a lot of the final decisions now (ie. reception extras, ceremony extras, music, food ect) I'm also working with Valeria who has been extremely responsive and helpful throughout the process. Maroma is a beautiful and one of a kind resort. My fiance and I went on an amazing vacation together there two years ago and fell in love with the resort, it seemed like the perfect place for a wedding. let me know if you have any questions or need any help with anything!! I'm glad to see another EDM bride on this forum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSC212 View Post
Hi Karla!
It's been forever since I have checked back on the forum! I would love to keep exchanging planning updates, it's so helpful having someone else to talk through these things to make sure we're not being led in the totally wrong direction! How's your planning coming? I've been back and forth with Valeria to finalize some of the details for the private dinner. I had to order my invitation last week and needed some of the details for dinner, time ect. My ceremony is set for 4 pm, so i have this pretty big gap of time to fill between that and dinner. I went with the "pick and choose dinner option" which seemed to be the most reasonably priced option considering it is an all inclusive resort. About $35-40 per person plus 20% off with the promotion. still hurts the budget a bit, but a better price than a reception at home will cost. I have read on other forums there is a "set menu option" that is more reasonably priced but was told this was the closest thing to it. Valeria confirmed Sobores could be used for our dinner reception, but they will need to re-evaluate if we can reserve it in a few months to see if the resort capacity goes up. Also talked to her about a sunset catermeran cruise for our guests. It's an hour and a half sunset cruise out of Marina Maroma for up to 100 people , completely private. Include drinks, appetizers, a mariachi band and a welcome cocktail. Waiting on the price for 40 people. Still gathering info on DJ and Photographer, it looks like there is only a few that they allow you to choose from regarding photographers, but I can't seem to find any reviews on any of them. For the DJ they give you only one option at $1500 for 4 hours. But I think Maroma is the perfect place for a wedding and even if all these details fall apart it would still be amazing. I don't think we could have picked a better resort!
Hi Gail! I was reading back over some of your old posts and am now wondering if you have the same plans? Dinner still at Sabores w/ the pick-and-choose dinner option? Will it be private?

Is your ceremony still at 4? What time is your dinner reception?

Were you able to set up a sunset catermeran cruise for you and your guests through Valeria? I'd love to more about that! Sounds fun...do you have a link for it?

1 more before I overwhelm you with questions: Which photographer are you going to use?

Thanks, Tila

HI Tila!!

The plan is still to have the reception and dinner at Sabores. We needed a minimum of 50 people for the resort to agree to close down the restaurant for a private reception. We have 53 confirmed guests so we just made the cut off. The other option was their new beach front lunch restaurant, but Valeria said 50 people would be too many people for that area. Our ceremony is at 4, and we are going to have a cocktail hour from 4:30-6 and start the reception around 6. This is how it is planned in my head so far, so hopefully it will work out that way, or somewhere close to it! The sunset catamaran cruise was something I REALLY wanted to do, but it is $55 per person and our list of confirmed guests is way bigger than we thought so it just became too much money to spend for an hour and a half. Valeria was the one who sent me all the details of the sunset cruise, but here is a link to the marina right next to EDM which offers a bunch of different excursions Marina Maroma Paradise. It's really convenient because no one has to mess with getting shuttles and so forth because the marina is right next door! We still might do a catamaran, snorkeling cruise if people want to go and just pay there way, it just won't be a private cruise.

The photographer was a hard decision. We went back and forth about picking one of the photographers approved by the resort (there is only 4) or paying the $500 outside vendor fee and choosing someone else. We ended up choosing Citlalli Rico from Claudia Rodriquez photo, who is an approved photographer. Her photos on her blog are gorgeous and I really liked her style and she was available for my wedding date so i'm really excited to have her photograph the wedding.

Tila,

I actually got the "free wedding package" with one of the promotions they have going on (Marry Free on a Top Ten Beach | Karisma Hotels & Resorts) If you book 5 rooms for 3 or more nights you can take advantage of it. It doesn't include too much, but i just added the extra amenities that I wanted later on. Here is what the free wedding package includes:

* Filing of all documents

* Justice of the Peace or non-denominational Minister

* Professional services of an onsite wedding coordinator

* Complimentary online bridal registry and Wedding Website

* Wedding Ceremony location including wooden plank aisle runner, chairs for 12 People and table with white linen

* Romantically decorated room on wedding night

* Breakfast in bed on first honeymoon day

* Dinner Reservations for wedding group in Wine Room (maximum 20 persons)

* Plus amenities of the Honeymoon & Anniversary Package

We also are getting married at El Dorado Maroma!! I am very excited. I did a site visit to their other property, Azul Sensatori. I like the resort but the water was kind of brownish and it bothered me. I am bringing a few people to Mexico that have never been and I want their experience and my wedding to be perfect :)

Any advice on the planning would be awesome! We are just at the beginning stages of planning.

I was also turned off by the vendor rule. I would never imagine spending 1,500.00 on a DJ. We are considering the ipod but dont want to have to worry about it or put someone "in charge" of it.

I was looking through the photographers they offer and they seem okay. If anyone has any personal experience on them I would love to hear it.

I had a friend get married in the same area and I plan on checking his prices and taking into consideration the fee.

I havent spoken to the WC at the resort yet. I have been dealing with my TA only. Once you fill out the wedding app is that when you hear from the WC?

THanks for any info!!!

May 16,2011 thewave.gif