I saved $300 on my dream dress!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

So that really was the dress you were meant to have and you were smiled the wedding gods smiled upon you and gave you a discount. Awesome!

#12 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

I wish I could see the picture, its not there. That is an amazing deal though and totally meant to be. CONGRATS!!! So we are not going to be dress twins then, I was hoping we would. I got the Dress from David's bridal that is apparently a knock off of the Maggie Soterro dress that you liked.

Edit, I can see the pictures now. Its BEAUTIFUL. Congrats. I can't wait to see it on you.

#13 gkashmira

gkashmira
      • 1,962 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine
        Listen to this-

I went to the bridal shop to purchase my dream dress last night- Tuscana Royale. Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.
        I knew it was a $1000+ dress. They said they had it and pulled out the dress. They don’t print the names on the tag, just the item number. It didn't look right to me, and I thought it looked like Tuscana Vidal. I asked her “Are you sure this is Tuscana Royale?” She pulled out the book and looked at the picture and said “Yep, it’s just in a different color- that’s why it looks different.” I wasn’t too sure about it because the dress even had a different material. They were identical except for the material.

Even with doubts, I took her word for it because she rang it up and marked that I wanted Gold with Gold & Coral Lace. I knew Tuscana Vidal didn’t come in that color. I figured she showed me the wrong dress, but I was Ok with it as long as she ordered me Tuscana Royale.

On the agreement you sign, they just write the item number and specific instructions (here she wrote the color I wanted.) I signed it thinking- Awesome! Got the dress I love for $300 cheaper. I must have found an outdated price on the internet since this is a Fall 2006 dress.

I get home and pull out the fabric swatches she gave me for Tuscana Royale and found my receipt that was attached to the order guide. On the receipt it said “Tuscana Vidal in Gold with Gold & Coral Lace.” Through my research I knew this wasn’t a possible combo. Since all sales are final, I freaked a bit. But I knew they had to change something. The dress they ordered ISN’T POSSIBLE.

I called this morning- yep, they made a mistake. Tuscana Royale is $1100 not $778. They corrected it and ordered me the Tuscana Royale, but gave it to me for the $778 price for their mistake.

Can you believe that? I saved $300 for their mistake!!! I was stressing about ordering a dress $300 more than my budget, and now I don't even have to worry about it! I'm so excited!
        YAY!!!!! Even better - plus you get your dream dress at a dreamy price!

Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#14 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

Your dress is totally gorgeous! And for $300 off, you cant beat that!!
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Julesr
            I wish I could see the picture, its not there. That is an amazing deal though and totally meant to be. CONGRATS!!! So we are not going to be dress twins then, I was hoping we would. I got the Dress from David's bridal that is apparently a knock off of the Maggie Soterro dress that you liked.

Edit, I can see the pictures now. Its BEAUTIFUL. Congrats. I can't wait to see it on you.
            Your dress is beautiful though! I took up your advice and went to David's Bridal to see the difference. David's version has a different fabric. Still gorgeous and it was much more light weight! I fell in love with a different dress though. I found the Tuscana Royale knock off of Maggie at David's as well, but I had to buy the Maggie Version instead.

I'm sure there is another dress twin because Grace Lynette is a beautiful dress!
            Happily married since 2008

#16 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Wow that dress looks great! And can't beat the price of course :)

#17 nat4crim

nat4crim
              • 163 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

It was meant to be :)

#18 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

good catch and nice work!!! that is so exciting!

#19 Poppet

Poppet
                  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone still have this gown and are you interested in selling it?  I am looking for one and I have no idea where to get it.

#20 wangjuan

wangjuan
                    • Banned
                    • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Congratulations.Last week,I bought a dress from mylove-dress.com,I saved 200dollars.I'm very exciting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users