Invitation Supplies - Canada

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hi Everyone,
    I have been on the hunt for good price DIY invitation supplies, mostly card stock. I have been able to find a lot of US sites, but the shipping can really add up. Any suggestions on Canadian sites? Or stores in the Toronto area?
    Thanks!

#2 jhartford19

jhartford19
    • 187 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

I can only suggest going to michaels and using a 40% off coupon. You can print them off at flyerland.ca: Online Flyers, Deals and Printable Coupons for Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Halifax, St. John's and more ...

Good luck in your search!

#3 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
      • 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

I used paperland which I think is on Hood Rd. in Markham. I bought stardream metallic there. I ordered malmero pearl paper from papergarden which is located somewhere in Ontario. They had reasonable shipping rates and a large variety of different papers. I did order paper from the US which was initially super cheap but I was caught off guard by duties and brokerage fees.

#4 ~Angela~

~Angela~
        • 4,172 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

My friend is a graphic designer. She got some of the supplies for my invites here:
          Fancy Paper - Envelopes, Stardream, Vellum, Wholesale

It is Canadian and she found things to be much cheaper and of the same quality as places she usually orders from in the States.

#5 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
          • 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

Thanks for the link - i never came across them in my searching.

#6 debbmach

debbmach
            • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

i'm also on the hunt for cardstock and i've been told to go to the 'paper place' (i believe that's the name of the store), it's at Queen & Ossignton, across from Trinity Bellwoods Park, and to also try LeSerres, an art store at Queen & Spadina. I'll be going there soon. Can keep you posted on what I find. I'm going to check out the links that the others posted too!
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
              • 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by debbmach
                i'm also on the hunt for cardstock and i've been told to go to the 'paper place' (i believe that's the name of the store), it's at Queen & Ossignton, across from Trinity Bellwoods Park, and to also try LeSerres, an art store at Queen & Spadina. I'll be going there soon. Can keep you posted on what I find. I'm going to check out the links that the others posted too!
                I've been to the paper place. It's really nice but expensive and mostly hand made paper. I don't think they had any cardstock though.

#8 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
                • 401 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

I went to La Serres in the Vaughan Mills Mall and got the cardstock i wanted for my boarding pass invites. It has like a pearl finish and looks very nice and what I was looking for. I haven't printed them yet so I can't give you any idea of how they turned out though! It was expensive though...$40 for two packages.
                  Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#9 nmurch

nmurch
                  • 396 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

got mine from the paper tree ( invite/cardstock store).. all the supplies cost 150 i think... :)
                    jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#10 Roxyjude

Roxyjude
                    • 219 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

I plan on getting mine from Stampin Up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users