TORONTO Spring 2010 Meetup!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 bikegirl

bikegirl
  • Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

Hey ladies, this is the "official" thread for the TORONTO Spring 2010 Get Together.

LOCATION: As per the other thread, I'm looking for a place near subway and parking either downtown or mid-town Toronto. At least accommodating 10 people. I'll check this week but if you have any suggestions, please let me know! :)

DATE: I have narrowed the dates down to sometime Fri-Sun last week of February or first week of March. You can choose as many dates as you're available. Unfortunately, we can't accommodate everyone so we'll settle on the one with the highest number of attendees.

WHO IS INVITED: I want to emphasize that this is for any BDW members who can make it - whether you are already married (give us tips!) or a bride-to-be (share your plans!)

#2 Oryx

Oryx
    • 727 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for organizing this bikegirl! Sounds like fun :)

#3 Cindy*

Cindy*
      • 2,655 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

Sounds like fun.

#4 bikegirl

bikegirl
        • Banned
        • 319 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the poll votes, girls! It looks like Friday has the most votes. I'll leave it up for another week to help decide which Friday is better, then we'll narrow down a location. :)

#5 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
          • 329 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:58 AM

Great idea!!!

#6 bride2010

bride2010
            • 424 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:13 AM

I've been busy during the other get-together...I'm hoping I can make it for this one!
              http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
              26 Booked + Bride & Groom
              "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#7 midnight24

midnight24
              • 754 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:52 AM

oh i'm off the weekend in feb. would be nice to meet some others.

#8 bikegirl

bikegirl
                • Banned
                • 319 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hey Ladies, let's set the date for Friday March 5th around 7-8PM as that is the date with most votes . I have picked 3 venues that are acessible by car, TTC, and/or Go Transit (for out-of-towners)....please let me know which is good?

1. Jack Astor's Bar & Grill @ University & Front St. - closest to Union station

2. Boston Pizza or Jack Astor's Bar & Grill @ Scarborough Town Centre

3. Pickle Barrel Grand or Moxie's Classic Grill @ Yorkdale

#9 Cindy*

Cindy*
                  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Of those options I would say Old Spaghetti Factory as my vote is for downtown. I would also suggest the Jack Astor's at University and Front as the Old Spaghetti Factory is actually on The Esplanade so it is a bit of a longer walk from Union station.

#10 bikegirl

bikegirl
                    • Banned
                    • 319 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

^ Hi Cindy*, actually that's a good idea. I'm going to change it now to Jack Astor's. Not a huge fan of their food but they do have more options whereas OSF only has pasta-based dishes.

Thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users