Sign in to follow this  
slimmershadier

Howdy

Just a brief hello...

My DW went down on July 2, '07 on St. John, USVI after more than a year of planning (unnecessarily). It was delightful and I recommend the island itself as a great destination.

I'm here to spread the word on some good (and not-so-good) vendor experiences. I'll post those where they belong.

Thanks. :)

Wow--this has to be the quickest and most positive forum I've ever been to. How did I not find you guys before the wedding!?

I just posted in the Bride Referrals about Sol Tamargo, who was just outstanding. Our photos are incredible. (I'm modest, too.)

Day before: Sol Tamargo Photography Wedding Photojournalism

Day of (incl. trash-the-dress): Sol Tamargo Photography Wedding Photojournalism

Since you're all so enthusiastic--I will go over the other vendors, too. I hope Bride Referrals is the place for those! The gist is:

Officiant: Emmanuel Jaggernauth-- terrific

Caterer: Katilady-- delicious

Cake: Katilady-- fair

Planning: Katie-Shea at Katilady-- good

Flowers: Susan from Passion Flower St. John through Katilady-- not recommended

Photog: Sol Tamargo-- HIGHLY recommended

Thanks for being such a positive bunch! :)

whew - just looked at your pics ... beautiful! we are a positive bunch, if i do say so myself! lol i visit "other" forums on occasion, but this one has got me addicted. clearly ... i'm still here, and already married! :)

WELCOME I am a USVI bride someday before the new millenium LOL. I saw your photos and they were great. You looked like you had a great time. There are some other USVI brides on here so give us as much advice as you can.

Congratulations and happy marriage to you

yeah pictures!! you two are so cute! i wish i could pull off shorts like you had on in the day before pics

oh yeah, welcome!! we're an addicting bunch, so settle in and get comfy!

Wow, great pictures! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing all your insight on here! I live for the post-wedding reviews on here for learning some of what we can expect and what to plan for.