Frustrated!!! Where to find mugs in Canada!!!

We went through Factory 21 Ebay to get ours...they were great and Amanda was super sweet and very easy to work with. They come in orders of 50 and it works out to about 1.90 per cup. We paid $97 in total including shipping to Hamilton. Good luck!

50 PERSONALIZED Wedding Party Bridal Shower FAVORS LOT on eBay.ca (item 310184430427 end time 23-Feb-10 08:02:31 EST)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ladies,

We ordered mugs from discountmugs as well and we didn't see the "brokerage fee" anywhere. Can someone enlighten me on what this is? We have already paid for the mugs and shipping. Are you saying there is going to be another charge once they are delivered?

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Hi ladies,
We ordered mugs from discountmugs as well and we didn't see the "brokerage fee" anywhere. Can someone enlighten me on what this is? We have already paid for the mugs and shipping. Are you saying there is going to be another charge once they are delivered?
Thanks for your help!
Yes unfortunately there is a chance of still having to pay duty taxes or customs charges on top of the shipping that you've already paid. The fee is actually a brokerage fee that UPS or whoever charges in order to be allowed to bring your items in to the country from the US. It happens with a lot of purchases from the US actually. The additional fee is determined at the border I think, so most often the companies that are shipping your product are not able to quote you any price for this fee. I don't know the specifics of how it works unfortunately, but that's why you wouldn't have seen anything on your receipt/invoice for the brokerage fee directly from discountmugs.

How many mugs did you order by the way? And what was the total cost that you'd paid because I know that has an effect on how much you might have to pay in brokerage fees. Let us know once they get here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Hi ladies,
Thanks for your help!
As echo2_62 said, you will be billed when your order is delivered by UPS and they may not release the package until you pay. The charges are for both duty (by the government) and then brokerage (by UPS). UPS ground shipping is known for these fees so avoid UPS when you can. As I said earlier, I tried to get discountmugs to ship USPS but they only use UPS but I guess-timated the brokerage and it was still cheaper than other options in Canada.

LOL and wouldn't you know it - I decided yesterday to cave and use discountmugs via my friend in Florida (its one way to avoid brokerage!) and when I pulled up the website to ask FI which colours he liked - of the three or four that I wanted of course - they didn't have them displayed anymore!! They were most definitely on the page during the day and gone by the evening. And it sounds like they won't have them back in for about another month which might make it tough to get them on time :S So now I'm not quite sure what to do but I think I'm going to have to wait this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellechris View Post
Stacey...did you find any mugs? I hear ya...these stupid mugs are consuming my life right now as well!lol
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't written sooner. I've been so busy with all of the other wedding stuff. I still haven't ordered any mugs!

I spent a whole day looking through promopays.ca and found several mugs I liked and the prices were good. I emailed the company to get a quote for a few types. It's been 4 days and I haven't received a reply. I called them this morning and no one picked up...and I tried several times. I even left a message and still nothing! I figure if it is this hard to order something it must be even worse to actually get the stuff.

So at this point I think I'm going to risk the customs fees and brokerage fees and order from Factory21. From the beginning I've liked their mugs the best anyways.

I'll let you know when I get them!!! Thank you again for all of the ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Romana Stacey View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't written sooner. I've been so busy with all of the other wedding stuff. I still haven't ordered any mugs!

I spent a whole day looking through promopays.ca and found several mugs I liked and the prices were good. I emailed the company to get a quote for a few types. It's been 4 days and I haven't received a reply. I called them this morning and no one picked up...and I tried several times. I even left a message and still nothing! I figure if it is this hard to order something it must be even worse to actually get the stuff.

So at this point I think I'm going to risk the customs fees and brokerage fees and order from Factory21. From the beginning I've liked their mugs the best anyways.

I'll let you know when I get them!!! Thank you again for all of the ideas!
Heads up on promo company - on another thread one of the girls ordered her mugs and after two weeks without a word tried contacting them. took several days and when she finally got a hold of someone he told her the ones she ordered we discontinued and he would email her some other ones to look at right away. Several days later the email came, but the ones he emailed were way more expensive, so she cancelled the whole thing and ordered from a different company.

The brokerage fees on my 60 mugs from Discount mugs was $63 on 60 mugs....and it was still far less expensive than anything we found here or on other on line sites. UPS held the small box of 10 hostage till I paid them. Like I said in an earlier post, they are so awesome I don't mind at all. Wish I didn't have to pay....

Well my mug order has officially been placed! It was the the colour, or even the mug, that we'd initially had in mind but all is good. Turns out the one colour that is out of stock won't be in until at least April or May - so definitely NOT within my time frame LOL!

After a long, drawn out process we ended up going with discountmugs because they had free US shipping right now and I was lucky to be able to send them to my friend in Florida. Now just to confirm that they can send me an image of my imprinting before they actually start the work!