Photo

Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana DR Review *Picts*

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

I got married at Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana On January 5th, 2010. We picked a smaller resort, and downgraded to a 4 star so it would be cheaper and we could have more guests attend. Because of this we knew our service/rooms etc may be a little lower. That being said here is my experience.

FLIGHT: We flew out of Toronto with Air Transit (NoliTours) and had no problems. I brought a lot of my wedding decor with me (I had 4 bags to check and 3 carry on) but with the large group (45) we were able to get it all checked and not have to pay. On the way there we were upgraded to first class, which was nice and unexpected!

CHECK IN: We were greeted with drinks and a friendly attitude, but things quickly turned. The check in was very unorganized and a lot of the rooms weren’t ready yet. My FI and I were the last to get our room after a 4 hour wait, then the room wasn’t the one we paid for, and wasn’t cleaned when we got there. The bell boy saw my stress and immediately got me a bottle of champagne to pop while we waited and we ended up getting it cleaned and stayed there for the night, while I went up to the front to complain. They took me right in to see the manager and wedding coordinator and once they realized who I was and that we were a big group they did whatever they could to compensate. We ended up getting upgraded to a honeymoon suit for the entire week for all our stress.

ROOM: After we finally got into the Suit the room was really nice. It had a sitting area, balcony, big Jacuzzi tub, etc. It was worth the hassle to stay here the full week. (The suits are usually only upgraded for the night of the wedding, unless you pay)

RESORT: the resort itself is Nice. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. Pool was big so much fun. The Food was good, we ate at most of the restaurants and they were all good. The buffet was ok, just keep to the fresh stuff and no complaints.

WEDDING COORDINATOR: My wedding coordinator was Olga. She was great. I met with her the day before the wedding and she made it all happen! Whenever we had any issues we just brought them to her attention and they were solved in minutes. My day went off without a hitch

WEDDING: I had my symbolic ceremony on the beach at 3pm with Pastor Rick York. The ceremony itself lasted about 20 - 30 minutes. It was perfect and romantic and even my FI cried. It was just what we wanted. If anyone is considering using Pastor York I would definitely recommend him. Once the ceremony was over, we all had champagne and appetizers on the beach, then went and took family and group shots on the beach, and finally finished with the wedding party and then just us. And Florian was videoing the entire time…

PHOTOGRAPHER: Phil and Mike Steingard were my photographers and they were Amazing. ( Click the image to open in full size.

Craig & his Mom
    Click the image to open in full size.

Me & Dad

Us and Pastor Rick York

Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
    http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
    http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#2 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
    • 336 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

I can't wait to see the Pro Picts!!
      Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
      http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
      http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#3 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
      • 653 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Welcome back!! Great review, everything looked beautiful :) Congrats!

#4 Cindy*

Cindy*
        • 2,655 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

Congratulations, sounds like you had a fabulous wedding!

#5 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
          • 572 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

everything looks amazing! thanks for sharing!
            "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#6 midnight24

midnight24
            • 754 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:06 AM

congrats! you looked beautiful...loved your hair!

#7 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

You looked beautiful and it sounds like an amazing wedding. Congratulations!

#8 JT3

JT3
              • 443 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

Congrats..

#9 baj

baj
                • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

great review and pics, thanks for sharing

#10 KarenM

KarenM
                  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Congrats! Glad you had such a great time (after the room was sorted out!)! You guys look so happy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users