Photo

Peonies

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Does anyone know if you can get peonies in CAbo and if they are terribly expensive? I am looking for October - Bright Pink!!! Thanks girlies...
    http://i74.photobuck....ypics025-1.jpg
    Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

Oohhh... I know nothing about Cabo -- but LOVE peonies! Good call! Sorry I'm no help. :-)

#3 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
      • 812 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

I don't know about Cabo, but I noticed you are getting married in October and I am like, 90% sure that peonies only grow in the spring...

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

i know the peonies in my front yard bloomed this spring - and now they're gone. and they would have been perfect for your wedding, bring pink!

#5 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
          • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

poop...maybe I should email one of the florists and ask...maybe somewhere in the world they are still blooming - and of course will cost about a gazillion dollars...lol... :) thanks for the input - if anyone finds out for sure I would love to know. :)

#6 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
            • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

ok on to the next thought - does anyone know if they have dahlias? It says they are from Mexico - so I thought maybe...hmmm...can;t find the info online though...peonies are definitely out...poop...

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

I feel like I remember this coming up once long, long ago and peonies not being available (they are a spring flower) or just being REALLY REALLY expensive...it might have been on the old forum though. (I know, I am ancient.)

#8 DaisyRae

DaisyRae
                • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

Peonies do only bloom in May or June. I wanted a thick tightly packed bouquet of only peonies without a doubt.

Not only will they not hold up in the heat & humidity but a good downpour can ruin the blooms of whatever the supplier is using. This is why I decided to go with silk bouquet

#9 mridgway

mridgway
                  • 132 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

I asked about the same two flowers - and the florist I was working with said peonies are not available, even in the spring. Dahlias did not appear to be available either, at least not through the florist we are using.

I would suggest emailing your florist and telling her you like the look of those two type of flowers and seeing what options she would suggest. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users