Sign in to follow this  

i know the peonies in my front yard bloomed this spring - and now they're gone. and they would have been perfect for your wedding, bring pink!

poop...maybe I should email one of the florists and ask...maybe somewhere in the world they are still blooming - and of course will cost about a gazillion dollars...lol... :) thanks for the input - if anyone finds out for sure I would love to know. :)

ok on to the next thought - does anyone know if they have dahlias? It says they are from Mexico - so I thought maybe...hmmm...can;t find the info online though...peonies are definitely out...poop...

I feel like I remember this coming up once long, long ago and peonies not being available (they are a spring flower) or just being REALLY REALLY expensive...it might have been on the old forum though. (I know, I am ancient.)

Peonies do only bloom in May or June. I wanted a thick tightly packed bouquet of only peonies without a doubt.

Not only will they not hold up in the heat & humidity but a good downpour can ruin the blooms of whatever the supplier is using. This is why I decided to go with silk bouquet

I asked about the same two flowers - and the florist I was working with said peonies are not available, even in the spring. Dahlias did not appear to be available either, at least not through the florist we are using.

I would suggest emailing your florist and telling her you like the look of those two type of flowers and seeing what options she would suggest. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Melissa