My dress is in ... doesn't fit :(

jenne

So I ordered my dress at the end of September and the dress was discontinued in October so I knew that I had to order it right away. I went in to the bridal salon to get measured and I remember the conversation VERY clearly that I had with the saleswoman. She measured me, then she wrote everything down and asked what size I normally wear in clothes. I told her 8. She said that my dress size would be between 8 and 10 and said that she would order a 10. I went home and contemplated calling her back and asking her to order the 8 for that motivation to lose a few pounds. I decided not to because I would rather have to take the dress in than let it out.

So I was told that the dress would be shipped from the company it was ordered from on January 22nd. The bridal salon just moved from one location to another and just reopened today. I hadn't heard from them so I decided to stop in and see when I should expect the dress to be in. Well it turned out it was in. I was so excited so I called my sister (MOH) and one of my other bridesmaids to come see it. I waited for them to get there and then just before I put it on, I looked at the tag and it was a size 14!

There was no way that I would have let them order me a 14 because the sample size of the dress was a 14 and it was way too big so I would have known it would be way too big. So we called the saleswoman into the room to tell her what happened. This was the same woman who took my measurements and she brought in their copy of the invoice and it had a 14 written on it. I knew that my copy at home did not have that size on it so I went home and got it and brought it to her. (The dress cannot be reordered because it was discontinued.) She looked at the measurments and said that they definitely ordered the wrong size and that she will have to talk to her boss to see if they will alter it for free (since they don't cover the cost of alterations normally) and that I should hear from them by Tuesday or Wednesday. I am just venting because it was so frustrating. The only good thing is that I LOVE the dress if only they can make it fit me! sad.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my best friend got married, she ran into the SAME problem. When the salon wouldn't do anything to rectify their mistake, she called her credit card company, and started disputing all of the charges. 2 days after, the salon called back and offered to do all her alterations for free, and even threw in her veil.

Her moral of the story to me: No matter if you can pay cash or not, ALWAYS use a credit card. It puts a layer of safety between you and the vendor. The credit card company almost ALWAYS sides with you... after all, you're the one that is their customer!

I hope this all works out for you. When it does, you'll look beautiful!

You arn't from Toronto are you? If so, you didn't get it from Sposabella did you? I ask because they are terrible there and do this all the time. And, I would not get it altered there if I was you, they are terrible.

I must say though, as long as they can alter it down to fit you and it still looks good, its not a big deal really, if they had ordered the 8 and it was too small, that would be a huge deal. My dress was altered down 2 sizes and it still looked exactly the same. I really think its going to be fine and its still going to look perfect on you. You should try to get some compensation though, because they messed up, they owe you. Fingers crossed that it works out for you.

Im sorry your going through this stress but try to see the good side of it. They are taking responsibility for ordering the wrong size and doing something about it with the free alterations. Just stand your ground on them and don't let it go the alterations should be free no questions asked. Im sure everything will turn out fine, try to breathe and keep us posted!