Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas: Table Setting Ideas???


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 B&G

B&G
  • Newbie
  • 79 posts

    Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by starchild
    That sucks and kinda makes me not like Dreams as much....I'm surprised too because a lot of smaller places are not only gay friendly but gay owned and operated. Here are some good guides of gay friendly everything if you're going outside of Dreams to hang out. I found them when I was looking for a restaurant we used to go to called Cafe Bohemio. If you have time, check it out. It's in the romantic zone (old town) in a little square, owned by these 2 guys from S.F. who are the sweetest and will sit down and talk with you (and give free shots!) I was going to have my WD there but couldn't work it out in time.

    gayguide Vallarta - Gay Puerto Vallarta Guide
    Puerto Vallarta Gay Travel Guide - Gay Hotels Beach Bars Cruise Clubs Shopping Restaurants Photos
    Doin it Right in Puerto Vallarta - Gay Friendly Puerto Vallarta
    Hey starchild, thank you so much for the links! You know, it gave us a somewhat yucky taste about Dreams at first...But then we realized that we wouldn't have wanted our wedding to take place on their beach where all of the resort guests could gawk at two women in wedding dressing obviously marrying one another. =)

    We've heard that a lot of the restaurants are fabulous, and we'll have to go check them out. We'll be in Vallarta for two and a half weeks, so we'll have the time to explore!
    Brooke and Gen

    http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

    #32 chrisnessa

    chrisnessa
    • Jr. Member
    • 176 posts

      Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

      Hi Girls,

      Just reading all the info makes me so excited about the wedding...okay even more so than I already am. My question is:

      There a few things Im bringing for the table settings and to make the wedding more personal. I wondered how it is getting things into the country? I have about 10 orange parasols, 100 white fans for guests, 20 tall sea fans for the table, seashells, picture frames with wedding pic and our couple shot, large seashells (3) to hold the ring and table arrangement, Glass w/ small glass vases to have for the Sand Ceremony, and I believe some fabric net to use around the chairs and the cake area, book area as well. That sounds like a ton of stuff but I don't think I can find those things in Puerto Vallarta. Does anyone know about getting items like this in the town there? My mother is a designer and wanted to help with the flowers but wondered if there were florist available for her to put the flowers together. Thousand questions and Nicole has been a doll to work with. Nothing like the real thing though so you brides if you have info lets share :) and I love seeing the pictures. Great and I'll post ours once we get them...hahaha Jan 5 isnt that far away hahahaha
      Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

      #33 chrisnessa

      chrisnessa
      • Jr. Member
      • 176 posts

        Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

        Hi,

        We are getting married Jan 5 and have a few table things to bring and some for the beach area. Does anyone know the ease of getting these into the country? Parasols, sea shells, sea fans, pic frames, fabric, easel for pics, glass and small glass vases for sand ceremony. Nicole has been great to work with, although we have a little ways till our wedding she has been great about getting info to us. More and more couples Im finding are finding out about Las Caletas. So excited we did too. Please give me any feedback about the customs and entering the country situations you might have encountered. Love the pics as well.

        For the tables we are having: on the beach in a U shape, table runners...Nicole is getting for us, sea fans along the length, white flowers down the middle, candles everywhere, blue beads and white & frosted sea shell ice, we asked all our guests to come dressed in all white, we also will be having a semi circular seating facing the beach for better viewing of the wedding, we are having between 100 - 150 guests. We opted for the CD player and are using the Mariachi band for an hour. Hoped this would enable us to have the music we all enjoyed. Fire dancers, hopefully cigar rollers if they can get that worked out. We are having them make a cake in light blue icing with seashells trickling down the cake. Dragees are being used for that. Not sure how this is working out but wanted to try a nicer cake if possible. Its hard knowing everything as we havent visited the island yet and of course this is something we've both looked forward to doing in our lives, hopefully with Nicole's help and the brides before us we can make this beautiful wedding atmosphere as romantic as we envision it. But as we all know just being with him is enough when we get down to it. Thanks for the comments and pics. So helpful.
        Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

        #34 LCBride2007

        LCBride2007

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

          Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

          hi, me again! :) i just posted in your newbie thread too. sounds like you really know what you want! as for customs - it's all about if you hit the red or green light. we got red - but we just said all the stuff was decorations for our wedding. we didn't have as much as you will have though - the stuff we brought was pretty much all for our OOT bags. we only had 3 small bags of sea glass for the tables.

          don't worry - i had never seen Las Caletas before by wedding day. and i am glad i did it that way! i do want to clarify - it's not actually an island, just wanted to make sure you knew that. it's actually a remote beach/cove area that's only accessible by boat - so it may as well be an island!

          let us know if we can help at all!

          #35 B&G

          B&G
          • Newbie
          • 79 posts

            Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by chrisnessa
            Hi,

            We are getting married Jan 5 and have a few table things to bring and some for the beach area. Does anyone know the ease of getting these into the country? Parasols, sea shells, sea fans, pic frames, fabric, easel for pics, glass and small glass vases for sand ceremony. Nicole has been great to work with, although we have a little ways till our wedding she has been great about getting info to us. More and more couples Im finding are finding out about Las Caletas. So excited we did too. Please give me any feedback about the customs and entering the country situations you might have encountered. Love the pics as well.

            For the tables we are having: on the beach in a U shape, table runners...Nicole is getting for us, sea fans along the length, white flowers down the middle, candles everywhere, blue beads and white & frosted sea shell ice, we asked all our guests to come dressed in all white, we also will be having a semi circular seating facing the beach for better viewing of the wedding, we are having between 100 - 150 guests. We opted for the CD player and are using the Mariachi band for an hour. Hoped this would enable us to have the music we all enjoyed. Fire dancers, hopefully cigar rollers if they can get that worked out. We are having them make a cake in light blue icing with seashells trickling down the cake. Dragees are being used for that. Not sure how this is working out but wanted to try a nicer cake if possible. Its hard knowing everything as we havent visited the island yet and of course this is something we've both looked forward to doing in our lives, hopefully with Nicole's help and the brides before us we can make this beautiful wedding atmosphere as romantic as we envision it. But as we all know just being with him is enough when we get down to it. Thanks for the comments and pics. So helpful.
            Well Brooke and I realized that we have quite a bit of stuff that we need to bring to Mexico with us in November. Quite a bit. We had originally entertained the idea of shipping it, however, we realized after doing research that the cost of shipping it was actually more expensive than the cost of bringing it all on the plane with us.

            We are flying American Airlines and I spoke with an agent to figure out what our limitations are. We can each bring 2 bags on the plane at no charge in addition to one carry-on. Then, we can each bring three bags or boxes on the plan for an additional $100 per bag/box. The bags/boxes have to be under 50 pounds each and cannot have a total dimension size of 62" when added together (height/width/depth).

            So basically, we're each bringing a carry-on and two suitcases plus three boxes - 6 pieces of luggage per person total! (We HAVE to rent a van to take us to the resort...LOL) We don't have to worry about our shipment getting stuck in customs or having to pay additional fees or taxes. We just have to claim what is in the boxes when we check them in and we're all set.

            =)

            As for your setup? Sounds beautiful!!! I cannot wait to see pictures!
            Brooke and Gen

            http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
            Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
            Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

            #36 chrisnessa

            chrisnessa
            • Jr. Member
            • 176 posts

              Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

              Hey Girlzzzzzzz

              So fun to have feedback. I wanted to ask about that $100.00 fee for the boxes? You mentioned you don't have to worry about customs because ....that's where I lost you hahaha

              I was going to send stuff with people under 150 each so we could get it in. But not necessarily using boxes our luggage. Does anyone have experience with that type of packing.

              Someone told me that if I tell them its for the wedding then I should be okay. But since there will be at least 100 people possible 150 I have to have the correct number of items for each.

              We have cups w/ our name and M&M w/ our name and wedding date. I'm excited thinking of it but not of the hassle I might incur. Maybe the tip money is what I need to do. Although that isnt really what Id prefer

              If anyone just did this run please share or when you do it before Jan please share how it worked out for you.

              Thanks so much for all the comments back. Its helping me decide how to do some things to make the wedding an easy process.

              Also, Kelley from Adventure Weddings will be in Dallas for a Bride show if anyone in the Dallas area is searching for some info on Las Caletas.
              Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

              #37 MERRYME

              MERRYME
              • Jr. Member
              • 324 posts

                Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by B&G
                Hey starchild, thank you so much for the links! You know, it gave us a somewhat yucky taste about Dreams at first...But then we realized that we wouldn't have wanted our wedding to take place on their beach where all of the resort guests could gawk at two women in wedding dressing obviously marrying one another. =)

                We've heard that a lot of the restaurants are fabulous, and we'll have to go check them out. We'll be in Vallarta for two and a half weeks, so we'll have the time to explore!
                I was married at this very small Inn in Todos Santos and they had just had a Gay wedding there and I was sendt the pictures. It was gorgeous. There are some places that are very friendly and there are others that just aren't. It is too bad. You would be surprised how accepting most Mexicans are of Gay coupples.

                Hope you have a great wedding.
                Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
                22nd of December 2006

                #38 chrisnessa

                chrisnessa
                • Jr. Member
                • 176 posts

                  Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

                  Heather ...looking forward to seeing your pics. Im so excited even though I have a million ?'s in my head. We marry in Jan on the 5th on Las Caletas. I'll get to meet Kelley from the staff in Dallas when she attends a bridal show in a few months. I havent gotten to go to PV yet Im not sure I can until the wedding. So all this photos help me so much decide what to do about certain things. Cant wait to share our experience but in the meantime...thank everyone for doing so for us upcoming brides.
                  Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

                  #39 B&G

                  B&G
                  • Newbie
                  • 79 posts

                    Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chrisnessa
                    So fun to have feedback. I wanted to ask about that $100.00 fee for the boxes? You mentioned you don't have to worry about customs because ....that's where I lost you
                    I was going to send stuff with people under 150 each so we could get it in. But not necessarily using boxes our luggage. Does anyone have experience with that type of packing.
                    Depending on how much we have, we're going to do that as well. We have a lot, and I mean A LOT, of stuff that we're bringing down. So we've already enlisted the help of certain family members and friends who are going to lug an extra piece of luggage with them. :)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chrisnessa
                    If anyone just did this run please share or when you do it before Jan please share how it worked out for you.
                    We're about to do it in 49 days (all of my posts today are focusing on the 49 day thing...I can't believe it's so soon!), so I'll definitely let you know how it went with us!
                    Brooke and Gen

                    http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
                    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
                    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users