when to send out STDs

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#81 car1969

• 40 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

I want to send my daughters std"s out in March but have gotten alot of negative feedback about sending them out so soon. eg. people are so busy in their lives that they would forget....but isn't that the reason you send them out...before an invitation?So ppls will remember...so confused...

#82 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

I sent an email STD with our webiste around the first of the year. (I am getting married in Nov). I also plan on sending paper ones in the mail in the next few weeks as a reminder STD and our booking deadline for the best rate.

In my knot.com wedding planning book they said for the save the dates for DW should be sent 8-10 months in advance. Then invites should be send 4-6 months in advance.

#83 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

I sent my actual travel brochure invites last month to give my friends and family lots of time to save money for their travel. I haven't had any negative feedback about it...as of yet. I figure the more notice, the more people that will join us!
        First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#84 *HOLLY*

• Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

We finally have deceided to get married in St. Thomas. We will be coming from the Princess Cruise ship the Ruby in March. My questions is do you send out STD's now and invites later or how does this work. I am soooo clueless. I know not everyone will go that is why we are planning on a AHR in May. We have not decided on the place where we are hosting the AHR we just know a nice lake with some good ol' fashion BBQ :). Help me please.....

Also do the STD's be the cruise dates or just the date we are planning on getting married in St. Thomas? UGH my head hurts.

#85 lil_miss_frogg

• 826 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

I am not sure on how the whole crusie thing works....do you have guests coming on the cruise with you? What I would do is send out a newsletter type thing that states the cruise dates and then the STD with the actual wedding date and location on it.
            My Babies
            "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
            it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"

#86 *HOLLY*

• Banned
            • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

Yea we will have some people that would go on the cruise.

#87 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

How far in advance do you recommend sending out your save-the-dates?

#88 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

we sent ours extra early... 22 months!!! We wanted our guests to have as much time to save as possible! Now we are just under 16 months to go!!

#89 t777a

• 99 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

mine was a liitle last minute so i sent them out seven months ahead but i hear a year is normal

#90 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

We just received out on Thursday and are so excited that we want to send them our right away, but I'm afraid by the time we get around to sending our invitations, people will have forgotten about the std's. When did you guys send our your invitations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users