How much can you personalise a legal ceremony?

Hey Northern Flasher,

Any word on your ceremony wording? Did Aurora approve your extra ceremony wording? I'd love to see a copy of what you wrote, if you don't mind.

I know your wedding is coming up next week!! That's so exciting!! Have a great time and make sure to show pics and tell us all about it when you get back!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista.baird View Post
Hey Northern Flasher,

Any word on your ceremony wording? Did Aurora approve your extra ceremony wording? I'd love to see a copy of what you wrote, if you don't mind.

I know your wedding is coming up next week!! That's so exciting!! Have a great time and make sure to show pics and tell us all about it when you get back!!
Thanks Krista.Baird

Just got a two sentence email today saying
"...the ceremony has been confirmed by the judge, for this time she will make an exception for you. You are very lucky!!!"

I wont be posting it before I go...or eating ...or sleeping come to that HAHA but will def post as part of my planning thread on my return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernflasher View Post
Thanks Krista.Baird

Just got a two sentence email today saying
"...the ceremony has been confirmed by the judge, for this time she will make an exception for you. You are very lucky!!!"

I wont be posting it before I go...or eating ...or sleeping come to that HAHA but will def post as part of my planning thread on my return.
Sweet!!! Thanks so much Northernflasher!!! That's awesome!! :) Have a great time and wedding!

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies, northernflasher, how did things go with your ceremony? Have you had a chance to do your review or post your ceremony script yet? My wedding is coming up in about 8 weeks, so I'm starting to work on my ceremony script now and I hope I have good luck with mine, like you did with yours!

Sorry it took so long ladies but here is my approved legal ceremony exactly as I submitted it to Natalia, my WC at Dreams Tulum.

I have highlighted the legal wording in Red and I recommend keeping those parts in to make it easier for the judge to approve.

Insert your own names where appropriate.

Feel free to use all or part of it. I once again thank whoever I "borrowed" from. Thanks so much for your help.

Good luck with your ceremonies

Let me know if I can help....smile03.gif

LEGAL CEREMONY

BRIDE:

GROOM:

WEDDING DATE:

WEDDING TIME:

WE STRONGLY REQUEST NO RELIGIOUS REFERENCES OF ANY KIND

ENTRANCE

NAME SINGS & PLAYS GUITAR SOLO, “SWEET CHILD O MINE.”

NAME TO START SINGING BEFORE THE BRIDAL PARTY ENTERS,

NAME WILL INDICATE TO YOU WHEN GUESTS ARE TO STAND.

BRIDE WILL ENTER AT A SPECIFIC POINT IN SONG TO ALLOW FOR WHOLE SONG TO BE PLAYED & HEARD BY GUESTS.

BRIDAL ENTRANCE ACCOMPANIED BY

1. NAME (FATHER)

2. NAME (MAID OF HONOUR / SISTER.)

BRIDE AND GROOM STEP FORWARD TO LIGHT THE CENTRAL MEMORIAL CANDLE.

Officiant: “These candles are a symbol that our love for those no longer with us burns bright within our hearts and today as always their spirits shine upon us.”

WELCOME

Officiant: “On behalf of Groom and Bride it is my honor to welcome you and thank you all for travelling such great distance to be here today.

According to the laws of this country we are gathered here to join the bonds of matrimony which is an honorable status.

As witnesses of this important act there are present here:

1.……………………. 2. ………………………..

3.……………………4. ………………………..

Who will sign the marriage document.”

READING TO REPLACE OCAMPO’S LETTER

Officiant: “It was once said that falling in love is like being the first to discover the most beautiful thing in the world, to find something so lovely that no-one else had even noticed. Love often starts in little ways. It comes quietly with a smile, a glance or a touch but you know it’s there because suddenly you’re not alone.

Love means finally finding a place in this world that shelters you and is your very own, where you feel you have been forever and where you will live, grow and learn.

The beautiful thing about love is that its an experience we share with all people throughout the world, and yet to everyone who falls in love it is the most unique and precious thing in the world.”

VOWS

Officiant: “ I now ask two questions to your witnesses,

1.Are Groom and Bride persons you know well?

2.Are there any objections for them to be joined in legal marriage in Mexico?”

Officiant: “ Groom do you accept Bride as your beloved and wedded wife?”

Groom responds: “Si Accepto”

Officiant:Groom please repeat after me:

“ From this day forward I promise you these things….

I will laugh with you in times of joy…

And comfort you in times of sorrow…

I will share in your dreams…

And always support and encourage you…

I promise to love you in good times and bad…

I will help you when you need it…

And step aside when you don’t…

You are my best friend…

And I will love and respect you always…”

Officiant: “Bride do you accept Groom as your beloved and wedded husband?”

Bride responds: “Si Accepto”

Officiant: Bride please repeat after me:

“ I do not need you, I choose you…

I choose you today in witness of all the people who love us…

I choose you tomorrow in the privacy of our hearts…

I choose you in strength and weakness…

I choose you in health and sickness…

I choose you in joy and sorrow…

I will choose you, over all others…

Every day, for all the days of my life.”

EXCHANGE OF RINGS

Officiant: “Today, you join yourselves together for life, as friends and lovers,

husband and wife. The rings you are about to exchange are the symbol of never ending love and commitment each of you feel deep within your soul.

Officiant: Bride and Groom please join hands and Groom repeat after me..:”

“These are the hands of your best friend…

That are holding yours on our wedding day…

As I place this ring on your finger…

May it always remind you of my never ending love…

And may it always remind me of the precious treasure I have in you…

Wear this ring with joy…

For your love has made me complete.

Groom places ring on Brides finger.

Officiant: “Bride repeat after me…”

“These are the hands of your best friend…

That are holding yours on our wedding day…

As I place this ring on your finger…

May it always remind you of my neverending love…

And may it always remind me of the precious treasure I have in you…

Wear this ring with joy…

For your love has made me complete.

Bride places ring on Grooms finger.

COINS CEREMONY

Reader stands and hands pouch of coins to Groom.

NAME Reads:

“It is a Mexican tradition for the Groom to present the Bride with 13 coins on their wedding day.

These coins symbolize the promises which have been shared and the elements for a happy life together that the groom pledges to provide.

As the bride accepts these coins she shows her unconditional faith in the groom and the promises they have made.”

Groom pours coins into Brides hands

“The coins symbolize:

LOVE

TRUST

COMMITMENT

RESPECT

JOY

HAPPINESS

HARMONY

WISDOM

WHOLENESS

NURTURING

CARING

CO-OPERATION AND

PEACE.”

SIGNING OF THE MARRIAGE DOCUMENT.

NAME TO PLAY GUITAR DURING SIGNING OF MARRIAGE DOCUMENT.

SAND CEREMONY

Child comes to stand with Bride and Groom and reads:

“Today me, dad and Bride will join our lives together.

The separate bottles of sand symbolize our lives before today,

And everything we are and everything we will ever be as individuals.”

Bride, Groom and child pour Sand

“As the sand is poured the individual sand no longer exists but will be joined together as one,

Just as these grains of sand can never be separated again,

From this day forward this is how our family will be.”

Group Hug.

Child sits down.

PRONOUNCEMENT

Officiant: “ Groom and Bride,

With friends and family we send you forth on life’s journey together.

May the love and happiness you share today be with you always.

In the name of the law and the society and with the authority from the Solidaridad Municipal here in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico,

I now declare you husband and wife,

You may kiss the Bride….

Guests perform Maraca Shake!

Officiant: “May I be the first to introduce to everyone Mr and Mrs NAME

Hey northernflasher!!! Thanks so much! Seeing your script is super helpful, to be able to see how you worked inthe legal stuff into your personal stuff. Also, I didn't know you could replace the ol campo reading - that thing is awful! LOL! I think I will try to replace mine as well, and see what they say!