Jennybell1
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

Costs for guests and the based on the best beach setting in Playa

#12 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

A combination of quality and price. But I had driven through La Romana when I visited Punta Cana and I remember the tour guide guy saying This is where the celebrities come when they visit the Dominican.
      It's less touristy, but still incredibly beautiful.

#13 hjack

hjack
      • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

My FI and I had a few requirements of the resort before we even knew which one we wanted. It had to have a great beach, good snorkeling right off the beach and an on-site PADI dive shop. I also wanted to keep it as affordable as possible to ensure as many guests as possible would be able to make it. For the price range that I wanted it was going to be between Cuba, Mexico and Dominican Republic. My FI and I were in both Cuba and Mexico for DWs in 2009 and decided that we wanted to try somewhere new. My travel agent came back to me with the Dreams La Romana. After signing up with this site and receiving so much great help and information, I am even more excited to go and can't wait to finally get there in 3 months!

#14 simba1234

simba1234
        • 179 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

I picked Cancun, Mexico because it was 1) Affordable for guests, 2) has Beautiful beaches, 3) variety of activities & good nightlife to excite guests and keep them entertained throughout the week (we have a lot of young ppl traveling and didn't want them to be bored the days before the wedding)

I chos the venue because it was gorgeous, unique and has an amazing view of the ocean. I always wanted an outdoor wedding with the turquoise ocean as the backdrop. I also chose the venue based on the responsiveness, professionalism and flexibility of the WC.

#15 becks1581

becks1581
          • 477 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

FI and I had our first vacation together in the Riviera Maya and loved it. It's also really easy/cheap to get to from the East coast. Picking the exact resort was a much harder decision!!

#16 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
            • 260 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

I picked other...our family is from Jamaica and I knew that's where I'd marry! We're off-site because of the size of our guestlist...also most folks are already there!
              I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#17 lalanyc

lalanyc
              • 363 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I also chose Riviera Maya b/c it is much cheaper to fly to from both the East and West Coasts than, say, Puerto Vallarta. We also chose it b/c we found a reasonably priced hotel option and also (duh!) b/c of the warm weather! :) Cost to our guests was a HUGE concern for me.

#18 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hi! we picked beaches T&C because our friends got married there and loved it! Wedding packages (free), location, all inclusive and children were allowed.

#19 KarenM

KarenM
                  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:38 AM

We picked Dreams Puerto Vallarta b/c of the location (PV!!) and a close 2nd was the hotel is a good value for guests. Can't wait!

#20 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

We chose the RIU Bachata in Puerto Plata mainly because of the clifftop gazebo. But it also offered a free wedding package, and it was a good price for our guests!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users