Sign in to follow this  
shurbgatza

newbie!!

[color="Magenta"]hello everyone!!

Fellow Canadians I Need advice....Los Cabos or Mayan Riveriahuh.gif January 2011...any ideas of which hotels?? Also how far in advance do u recommend booking??

I thought this destination wedding would be easier but really need help in deciding where to go! I have never been to Mexico before only Cuba so this will be a big change for me!!

Thanks so much for any feedback...[/color]

Hi and welcome! I am getting married in Los Cabos, mostly because of the resort (we like Dreams resorts) and proximity to CA. We just started planning in Jan for an Oct wedding so I think you have some time to figure it out. But focus on where first. Good luck!

Hi,

Mayan Riviera is an amazing place for wedding. Iâ€m lucky to live in Playa del Carmen! You will be able to choose between wild beaches of Tulum with intimate resorts, amazing colonial resorts all along the cost or to be in Cancun downtown hotel area.

Happy Planning!

Hello and welcome,

I find that it's a lot different planning something from Canada rather than the US.

I would suggest that you start with deciding if you want to go with those "Destination Wedding" companies or if you want to try to organize something yourself.

We did the latter as we thought that the prices of the DW comapnies were a bit high (a Personal Opinion), we started out with the big travel agencies and sourced out their group rate information.

Once we had made contact with these specalized Travel Agents we decided to go with Flight Centre.....I can't say it's been PERFECT but that is how these wedding things go :)

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You really can't go wrong either way. I would recommend getting your resort picked fairly soon so you can make sure to get your chosen date. After that you and your guests can arrange travel at your leisure.