My Beaches Negril wedding review

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 bosi

• 131 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBride83
    Hi Were you able to reserve the locations for your rehearsal, cocktail hour and reception ahead of time before you got there? How did you ensure that you would have everything where you wanted it and the times you wanted? I am having trouble getting a straight answer on this and want to make sure if I am spending all this money that everything will be as I plan it to be. Thanks!!!
    Jennifer is right, they wait until closer to thewedding to reserve most things except the wedding location.

I have to reserve the seville restaurant because we knew we were having a bigger crowd and this was confirmed about 6 weeks prior to the wedding .

The ceremony location was confirmed for the time I requested immediately.

The cocktail hour location was confirmed when i got there as they wanted to be sure that there were no other weddings in the vicinity of that location ( the garden which I think is the best location).

I'll tell you that booking a mid week wedding was great ( our room was next to the gazebo and the beach so I saw most weddings during our stay) and we had only one wedding on the same day as ours and it was 2-3 hrs before, so we were not limited by anything.. At the weekend , there were at about 3- 4 weddings per day so the locations could be limited on those days.

#12 futuremrsgoodrich

• 361 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:30 AM

Bosi, Im so glad everything worked out great for you! We has Simone and Shanakay and they were both so friendly and helpful! DJ Bryan was great and hung out with us all weekend. Our group (of 64) closed down Liquid every night (except the last, we were all too tired!)...

We reserved our wedding and reception location a few months before hand and confirmed once we were there. Drinks were plentiful, and although the travel mugs were a nice gesture, I didnt get the feeling that anyone would have been unhappy (ie drink starved or with a warm one) without them.

Our group thought the food was just ok. That was the only disappointment I heard about. (but who cares that much about the food)

The beds on the beach (in the Beaches advertisements) are $150 per day and include breakfast and lunch service for 5 and drinks service all day.. a lovely luxury.

What a wonderful place to get married!!

#13 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

I like the yellow flowers petals in the centerpieces!

#14 BeachBride83

• 196 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

This is all great information!! Futuremrsgoodrich-did you write a review of the resort
          Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#15 mekanabr

• 537 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

Congrats and thanks for your great review!

#16 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:31 AM

congrats & thanks for sharing our great review & pics

#17 KGraham27

• 155 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

Great review. Thanks

#18 negrilbridetoo

• 180 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your pictures, you look so beautiful!

#19 bosi

• 131 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Thanks Guys. We're still adding and sorting out pictures that other friends took.
                    We are waiting for your review Futuremrsgoodrich.... Did you have a reception, and what did the cocktail food taselike. Didnt have any :-(

#20 Mrs.B

• 455 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

Congrats! Everything looked amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users