BlueBay Grand Esmeralda

amak

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nadine,

yes, I have still have a ton if questions but its still a ways away. I've read some great comments on tripadvisor about the lagoon, but there are so bad ones too about the beach though. I'm sure either way it will be a great time, I'm pretty easy goin as long as the guests are having a good time! How about u? Where are u at? Will you be dealing with the resort photographer?

Hi Marta! I've been dealing with Sandra, she has been so lovely! I read the reviews about the beach and was a bit upset, but I think most of my guests won't mind. I was talking with the resort photographer and liked her portfolio, but I didn't like the packages. Most of the packages are that they will take 500pictures, but only give you 60 and you have to pay for the rest of your photos for another $350! I asked my coordinator for photos of the flowers, cakes, table setups. Ask LOTS of questions as I didn't think I would be charged for certain things....!

Nadine, Is it possible to change the photography packages? For example instead of the cd get more prints or vice versa? Yea photography is usually expensive but I think worth the money. Do you have the photographers email or phone number? And do they have an online portfolio I can check out their work too. The beach is disappointing to hear about, I just hope It won't smell on e wedding day. I'm dealing with Patricia and she's really great. She send me many different things to look at like pics of al the decor for ceremony and reception bouquets etc. what are you being charged for extra that you weren't expecting? Do you already know how many people will come?

Both you and Nadine will not be disappointed. I was married there on July 21st 2012.  We used Octavio Montes as our photographer for both the wedding and the Trash the Dress.  He was fabulous and his packages include all the pictures at a very reasonable rate. 

Be glad you both choose months that are not too very hot in Mexico.  We were melting in July and scheduled the Steak House as our after wedding dinner.  I didn't realize it was not air conditioned, and with the wedding dress with all the under garments, I was totally miserable!!  Also, I don't believe you will have the lagoon smell when you are there either.  We visited in Dec before we decided on BBGE and there were No bad odors at that time of the year.  Best Wishes!! 

Nadine, Is it possible to change the photography packages? For example instead of the cd get more prints or vice versa? Yea photography is usually expensive but I think worth the money. Do you have the photographers email or phone number? And do they have an online portfolio I can check out their work too. The beach is disappointing to hear about, I just hope It won't smell on e wedding day. I'm dealing with Patricia and she's really great. She send me many different things to look at like pics of al the decor for ceremony and reception bouquets etc. what are you being charged for extra that you weren't expecting? Do you already know how many people will come?
Unfortunately they will. Not. Budge. On their packages!! I asked about only getting the prints on the CD and they wouldn't do it :( I didn't think I would be charged for speakers for the ceremony. Oh well, if you need it, you will be charged for it :P I never had to give my credit card, although, it was cheaper for us to upgrade our room to he the free wedding package (flying from Canada) perhaps send your coordinator a email wondering where your at with a deposit

Both you and Nadine will not be disappointed. I was married there on July 21st 2012.  We used Octavio Montes as our photographer for both the wedding and the Trash the Dress.  He was fabulous and his packages include all the pictures at a very reasonable rate.  Be glad you both choose months that are not too very hot in Mexico.  We were melting in July and scheduled the Steak House as our after wedding dinner.  I didn't realize it was not air conditioned, and with the wedding dress with all the under garments, I was totally miserable!!  Also, I don't believe you will have the lagoon smell when you are there either.  We visited in Dec before we decided on BBGE and there were No bad odors at that time of the year.  Best Wishes!! 
Hi Suzie, I got a quote from Octavio and his work is lovely but I was hesitant about his online portfolio. I know it's a lot to ask, but if you we're willing, could you send me some of your photos by Octavio? Completely understand if you don't want to, but it's such a hard decision!! Haha What was your favourite a la carte? We were thinking about the steak house to our dinner. Did you have a after dinner party? How was their nightly entertainment? Did you book their DJ? Thanks for any info possible!!! :)