Jump to content

Photo

Tell me about Colorado


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 Kristy!

Kristy!

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

    Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

    Thanks for the breakdown! That's great.

    Chris and I talked last night. It's going to be a while till we can move (mostly because of the housing market), so it sounds like we're going to be on a similar timeline to you, Jannae. We just need to get out there to look around.

    #12 Birdie07

    Birdie07
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,218 posts

      Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

      I live in Southwest Colorado. Six hours from Denver. But its very small! Durango is the biggest city next to me. My town actually has one stop light. Haha. So probably too small for you. I'm from Dallas though and I LOVE The small town feel. The town feels small and everyone knows each other. There is so much to do and it is a very active down. Most people walk or bike to work everyday. Very active lifestyle and very healthy. Alot of health shops and restaurants.

      Colorado is awesome. I hope you find a great place!

      #13 CristiandJamie

      CristiandJamie
      • Jr. Member
      • 445 posts

        Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

        I moved to Denver 4 years ago from the Dallas area and I love it here. We just bought a house in April and we plan to stay here for a while or maybe forever. I love the seasons and because the climate is dry the cold isnt that cold and hot isnt that hot. Plus the views are wonderful and the people are great here!

        Also the economy here in Denver isnt bad like most other locations in the USA (but I guess that could always change no matter where you live)
        Cristi & Jamie
        http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

        #14 Island Bride

        Island Bride
        • Jr. Member
        • 330 posts

          Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:01 AM

          Im so glad I found this thread! I've been looking online for places to honeymoon in Colorado. The FI has NEVER been skiing/snowboarding/tubing so I figured we could do the opposite of what most people do and head to the cold for our honeymoon! We live in Florida so the tropical thing is something we see everyday. Anyone know of any nice cabins or anything near a ski slope? Has to have a begginner slope haha.
           

           


          #15 LadyTrunck

          LadyTrunck
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,114 posts

            Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

            Wish I could help you Island Bride, but believe it or not, I'm a CO native and I don't ski or snowboard! Well, I have before, but it's not something I enjoy. However, I would probably recommend either Keystone or Breck, just because they're only an hour or so from the city, and you could ski a few days, then explore around the city for a few days. I'm sure a skiier may have better advice for you.

            I don't know how much you're into music, but I would definitely check out Red Rocks Ampitheater schedule for your time out there to see if you like anyone that's playing. It is absolutely beautiful there, one of many must see's in CO!
            Married to my BEST FRIEND!
            July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
            Non-Pro Pics:
            http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
            Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

            #16 Andi

            Andi

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

              Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
              Wish I could help you Island Bride, but believe it or not, I'm a CO native and I don't ski or snowboard! Well, I have before, but it's not something I enjoy. However, I would probably recommend either Keystone or Breck, just because they're only an hour or so from the city, and you could ski a few days, then explore around the city for a few days. I'm sure a skiier may have better advice for you.

              I don't know how much you're into music, but I would definitely check out Red Rocks Ampitheater schedule for your time out there to see if you like anyone that's playing. It is absolutely beautiful there, one of many must see's in CO!
              I am with you there! I am a CO native and don't ski or snowboard either! when I tell people that they look at me like I have a third eye or something. i like to compare it to a Californian who doesn't surf!

              anyway... I am sure Erika has some suggestions for a good place to ski

              #17 LadyTrunck

              LadyTrunck
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,114 posts

                Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Andi
                I am with you there! I am a CO native and don't ski or snowboard either! when I tell people that they look at me like I have a third eye or something. i like to compare it to a Californian who doesn't surf!

                anyway... I am sure Erika has some suggestions for a good place to ski
                OMG I know!!! The looks on their faces is priceless, and it happens EVERY time someone asks you.

                Someone: OH you're from CO? You must just LOVE to ski or snowboard
                Me: Nah, I've only done it a couple of times.
                Someone:
                Me:

                And WOW Calia- if the closest to you is Durango that's crazy! One of my best friends has been living in Durango for about 1 1/2 years because her hubby got a job there. She is not loving it! It totally depends on the person though. She is a total city girl. I'm glad you like it there!
                Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                Non-Pro Pics:
                http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

                #18 Birdie07

                Birdie07
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,218 posts

                  Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
                  OMG I know!!! The looks on their faces is priceless, and it happens EVERY time someone asks you.

                  Someone: OH you're from CO? You must just LOVE to ski or snowboard
                  Me: Nah, I've only done it a couple of times.
                  Someone:
                  Me:

                  And WOW Calia- if the closest to you is Durango that's crazy! One of my best friends has been living in Durango for about 1 1/2 years because her hubby got a job there. She is not loving it! It totally depends on the person though. She is a total city girl. I'm glad you like it there!
                  Why doesn't she love it? Too small. Though I must say we finally got a Bed, Bath and Beyond. I am beyond stoked!!! I haven't been skiing either. But I'm not a native. We do have great ski resorts here though. My husband is a native and has never been either. Weird.

                  #19 LadyTrunck

                  LadyTrunck
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,114 posts

                    Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                    Why doesn't she love it? Too small. Though I must say we finally got a Bed, Bath and Beyond. I am beyond stoked!!! I haven't been skiing either. But I'm not a native. We do have great ski resorts here though. My husband is a native and has never been either. Weird.
                    Yeah totally too small. Her biggest gripe is the lack of shopping. I've heard over and over how she has to drive 45 min and all she gets is a TJ max!! I wonder if she knows about the BBB? When we lived in the same city, we are the type that would just spend the day at the mall chatting a browsing, even if we didn't buy anything.
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

                    #20 Birdie07

                    Birdie07
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,218 posts

                      Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
                      Yeah totally too small. Her biggest gripe is the lack of shopping. I've heard over and over how she has to drive 45 min and all she gets is a TJ max!! I wonder if she knows about the BBB? When we lived in the same city, we are the type that would just spend the day at the mall chatting a browsing, even if we didn't buy anything.
                      Haha. Yeah you can drive an hour and get Macy's and a bigger mall. But still it's an hour. I totally miss driving ten minutes to shop till I drop. But it also saves you money cause you can't!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users