Photo

Candy Buffet

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#71 hulagirlkim

hulagirlkim
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

We are going to have a candy buffet at our AHR. I was so excited, our wedding colors are black and white damask and kiwi green, I just found these decorated Chinese containers online (we are using the smallest size) I can't wait to get these for our buffet!

Licious Designs — 50 Damask print Wire Handle Candle Boxes 16oz (Medium)
    I am so lucky to be marrying my best friend ~ Kim

http://dvcf.daisypath.com/b08hm6.png

#72 AJandNate2010

AJandNate2010
    • 58 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

We're doing a candy buffet as well. Our AHR is going to be a dessert and cocktail reception and we would provide all of the candy so we can save some $$ since we don't have to go through the caterer. :)
      http://ticker.7910.o....1hcnJpZWQh.gif

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#73 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

I just wanted to bump this thread up to see if there are any ladies out there doing a candy bar. I am doing one at my reception and so far this thread was invaluable in pulling it all together.

I got my candy from: mymms.com, candywarehouse.com and jellybelly.com

I am looking for cellophane bags now but I'm sure I will find those on ebay or something.

I found some cute scoops on etsy http://www.etsy.com/...for-saragrasso but since my candy will all be purple and pink with some ivory and green and I didn't want over kill of my colors I opted for these scoops instead http://weddingshop.t...otShop)#toppage

Would love to hear what other ladies are doing.  

#74 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
        • 170 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

I am also having a candy buffet at my reception, since I am getting married in Mexico I am planning buying Mexican candy and it will save me transportation.

#75 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
          • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

I'll be having a candy buffet! Just need to figure out if I want to bring the containers to Jamaic... I already have so much other stuff to bring!

#76 helen9

helen9
            • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

I'm thinking of doing this and having all our favourite lollies, choccies etc. Just not sure i can stop myself eating them all before the big day =>

#77 sandyspo

sandyspo
              • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

I'm doing a candy buffet as well and will be buying the candies from Costco and Walmart (I heard those are the cheapest places to get candies in bulk).

As for the containers, I will be putting together chinese take out boxes, customized labels, and ribbons. I will also put guests' names on each container and use them as place cards.

My only worry is if the candies will melt in the hot weather? I know I can't have chocolates. But, what about sour strings and fuzzy peaches? Will they be okay? Anyone else is wondering the same question?

#78 novagirl3

novagirl3
                • 27 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the info JanineA. I too was going to order the fancy ones from etsy but the ones of the Knot seem to make more sense because of their size and I can buy more of them for the price that I was going to spend on the fancy ones.

#79 irishdonna

irishdonna
                  • 83 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

I love your idea of using chinese take out boxes as place cards! I went to the craft store today and they had to sizes, they had small ones that were about 1 and half inches by 2" give or take and then medium size ones that were about 3" or so. Just curious on what size you went with?

Originally Posted by sandyspo 

I'm doing a candy buffet as well and will be buying the candies from Costco and Walmart (I heard those are the cheapest places to get candies in bulk).

As for the containers, I will be putting together chinese take out boxes, customized labels, and ribbons. I will also put guests' names on each container and use them as place cards.

My only worry is if the candies will melt in the hot weather? I know I can't have chocolates. But, what about sour strings and fuzzy peaches? Will they be okay? Anyone else is wondering the same question?

#80 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
                    • 170 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

I have been told that there will be a candy buffet at my bridal shower, which I am excited about since I think they are soooo cute!!  I am thinking I may have a candy buffet at my AHR too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users