Photo

Candy Buffet

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 starfish kate

starfish kate
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

I LOVE LOVE this idea but my only concern is that if the reception is outside or open-air, the candy will get really sticky and stick together...
    Kate

#22 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starfish kate
      I LOVE LOVE this idea but my only concern is that if the reception is outside or open-air, the candy will get really sticky and stick together...
      Yeah I didn't think about that party ( we are indoors so we won't have that issues) You might want to stick to candy that is in wrappers so they won't stick together.

#23 Lauren_Hirshon

Lauren_Hirshon
      • 33 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:18 PM

I too am totally into this candy buffet idea. My only concern is getting all the candy to Mexico. How are people doing this?

#24 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

Check out these awesome jars from Ikea!! Theyre only $3.99 and would totally rock for this! Im gonna go pick a bunch up!

Click the image to open in full size.

#25 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
          • 1,798 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

We are buying all our stuff in Tahoe so that is how we are getting around traveling with the stuff. We are going to buy our containers at Wal-mart in NV so that will also make things easier. You might want to wait and buy your Candy in Mexico so you don't have to worry about stuff melting

#26 flygirl

flygirl
            • 263 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

Jelly Belly sells 10lb bags of specific flavors for (I think) $60
              You could order a couple of them that when you mix together, it makes like a strawberry daquiri, or apple pie or something.

Just an idea

#27 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

I love those candy buffet pics! Looks so yummy!!

#28 lavalos

lavalos
                • 261 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:18 AM

Thanks, all, so much for forwarding the ideas. We're doing this but I could not get my head wrapped around candy in our colors...tiffany blue & chocolate brown.

My WC is suppose to look for containers in Cabo so that I do not have to worry about bringing over the jugs, however, the cannisters, from Ikea, are a great deal!

#29 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                  • 1,798 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

Here is my candy buffet display. There are little sheets of paper inside each with the candy type that will be in them. I only need to buy two vases to replace the smaller jar and thinner vase. I will let you all know ( come April) how the display looks then. I bought brown fabric and place two layers of tulle one is orange and the other is magenta. The photos don't do the color justice.

I am going to recover (with our own wrapper) some normal sized Hershey bars and those will fill up the blank spots in the front area.

#30 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Stephanie 525

Here is my candy buffet display. There are little sheets of paper inside each with the candy type that will be in them. I only need to buy two vases to replace the smaller jar and thinner vase. I will let you all know ( come April) how the display looks then. I bought brown fabric and place two layers of tulle one is orange and the other is magenta. The photos don't do the color justice.

I am going to recover (with our own wrapper) some normal sized Hershey bars and those will fill up the blank spots in the front area.

Stpeh, where are you buying your candy from? I am putting one of these together for our AHR!!
                      yours is looking great, by the way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users