Photo

Cheap TTD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Island Bride

Island Bride
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:33 AM

I just came across a webiste called Wholesale - Buy China Wholesale Products from Chinese Wholesalers on DHgate.com. They sell Maggie Sottero dresses REALLY cheap and I want one for my TTD shoot. I was just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from this site, and if is legit. I believe its a chinese website so im a little confused on the currency also!

#2 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Island Bride
      I just came across a webiste called Wholesale - Buy China Wholesale Products from Chinese Wholesalers on DHgate.com. They sell Maggie Sottero dresses REALLY cheap and I want one for my TTD shoot. I was just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from this site, and if is legit. I believe its a chinese website so im a little confused on the currency also!
      I just checked the website and its set up like ebay. They do show you in American $ the price of the dress. I found the exact dress (Maggie) that I am really interested in. I am considering purchasing this. My only concern is custom charges. They do say on the site that they have free shipping to Canada which is a bonus for me. The few things that I have ordered from China, when they shipped it they have marked it as a gift so I do not have to pay customs. I am also thinking of buying this as a TTD, but if I am happy with it may just use it for both.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 roo66

roo66
      • 1,001 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

This website looks like its set out like liteinabox.There are some very pretty dresses on there.Only two reviews though

#4 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
        • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

Yeah I am very cautious of places like this. They seem to use the same pictures are the designers which is copyright infringement. I would be careful and definitely get someone's opinion who has used them before. Good luck ladies...

#5 Island Bride

Island Bride
          • 330 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

I actually didnt see the reviews. Were they good?

#6 KJT1985

KJT1985
            • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

I think I've heard this name on the forums before but can't remember specifics. Check out the knock off dress thread here or try searching for "DHgate" http://bestdestinati....ts-here-36700/

#7 Island Bride

Island Bride
              • 330 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:27 AM

Ok, Thank you!

#8 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                • Banned
                • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

If its like lightinthebox.com I was happy with my dress I ordered for my daughter who will be the flower girl!

#9 luv2sun

luv2sun
                  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

I ordered a dress off of ebay from a seller in China and sent it back, compared to the original Maggie dress it was nowhere near similar. Maybe for a TTD it would be okay (because of the price) but if you expect the same fit and quality as the originals I'd be a bit leary. If anyone finds one that works out then lucky you! Don't get me wrong, saving a few $$ would definitely be worth it.

#10 Island Bride

Island Bride
                    • 330 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies! Im just so confused as to what to do for my TTD! I dont want to spend alot of money because I already did that on my first dress that I dont wanna trash My aunt suggested going to thrift stores to check them out, but Im a little weirded out because I've never been in one and the images I have of what they would be like seems gross.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users