• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#71 pinayflava

pinayflava
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Angelina 

Hey ladies,

I think I posted on this thread a LONG time ago but I thought I would say hello again! How's everything going for you all? I am counting down, I am on my way to the Mayan Riviera in 9 weeks, holy %&*%!!! I don't have any of the major stuff to do still except for final fitting of my dress, but I am getting all worried about 'extras' like favours and stuff. Not sure if they are necessary or not - you can go crazy with all that stuff so easily! Oh yeah, and my groom procrastinated on getting the outfits for his side, so I have to go on a wild chase around the city in hopes of finding the same linen suit that we got him from Le Chateau.

Ah well! What can ya do?

:o)

don't forget the le chateau outlet in the north side also! (on 137th ave), there's also one in mayfield common (i think), south common (for sure) - good luck!

#72 AshleyL

AshleyL
    • 263 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:50 AM

Angelina - I've noticed most of the summery stuff like linen suits are hard to find now, but I was at the le Chateau outlet in Calgary ( not sure if Edmonton has one or not) and it loos like that is where all of the out of season clothes get shipped to. They have a ton of linen suits there. Good luck!
      Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#73 AshleyL

AshleyL
      • 263 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

Forrgot to mention, the le Chateau outlet I was at is across from Chinook Mall.
        Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#74 Angelina

Angelina
        • 57 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

Thanks so much!! I am going to go on a shopping mission this weekend!

How are you ladies doing? What's the countdown?

#75 pinayflava

pinayflava
          • 193 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

2 more months for me! who hoo! just went into debbie's bridal fashions today to get my dressed altered. changing the neckline from straight to sweetheart, adding a bustle, hemming and taking the sides in (so it's going through a huge transformation - i hope everything turns out well) my alterations cost $360+ tax yikes! But if the reviews are as good as it is - it is all worth it :)

#76 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
            • 245 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hey pinyaflava, this Debbie's bridal fashion do they just do alterations? Or do they just sell gowns and offer alterations to their customers?

Originally Posted by pinayflava 

2 more months for me! who hoo! just went into debbie's bridal fashions today to get my dressed altered. changing the neckline from straight to sweetheart, adding a bustle, hemming and taking the sides in (so it's going through a huge transformation - i hope everything turns out well) my alterations cost $360+ tax yikes! But if the reviews are as good as it is - it is all worth it :)

#77 pinayflava

pinayflava
              • 193 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

They only do wedding gown alterations (and sell like a few veils and tiara's) but that's it! They specialize in wedding gowns!

Originally Posted by L&C In Love 

Hey pinyaflava, this Debbie's bridal fashion do they just do alterations? Or do they just sell gowns and offer alterations to their customers?

#78 musiquechick

musiquechick
                • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:52 AM

Hi Ladies

I didn't know there was anyone from Edmonton on here.

Im in the process of nailing down the wedding date, (June 2011)

Just wanted to say a quick hi to my Edmonton Ladies!

#79 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
                  • 245 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

Thanks! Let me know how they do, I think I will need to look for a place that does this and I need to get my top changed to a sweetheart too!

Originally Posted by pinayflava 

They only do wedding gown alterations (and sell like a few veils and tiara's) but that's it! They specialize in wedding gowns!

#80 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
                    • 284 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Amsterdam Tailors/Bridal and Tuxedo Junction just behind Grant MacEwan is great too.  My friend had her dress hemed, bustled, bra added in and sides taken in 3 sizes(she is really tiny!) for $300.  I am in the process of getting mine altered too and for the hem, bustle and bra it is about $200.  Hundreds of dollars cheaper than what Bridal Debut quoted me and I'm dealing with one seamstress from start to finish!(My SIL had an awful experience at Bridal Debut with a crooked hem, multiple seamstresses and extra charges for cutting strings!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users