Photo

Where are my Edmonton, AB ladies at?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#91 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

I'm getting married Dec 1 and we are using Marcia Loder to do our legal ceremony in November before we leave for Mexico.  I think it is $175 and she is performing it in her home in the south side.  Quick and legal is all I wanted, but she did offer longer ceremonies with poems and vows. I want my Mexican wedding to still feel like the real deal, even if it's not legal.  (My mom is our officiant so I'm sure it will be even better than if we had regular "legal" at home wedding in Edmonton!)

#92 akua420

akua420
    • 301 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by L&C In Love 

My mom got her dress at Melanie Lynn, they had a really good selection of dresses for older women. She bought when the summer stuff went on clearance. My mom wanted to get a dress with mostly black, but I told her that this is a beach wedding and she should try and get some colours. The dress she found is white, blue and green, very nice for the beach!

Haha I told my mom too that she couldn't wear black, she had to pick colours.  All her dresses are black.  My mom found one that was purple and pink, super pretty and out of her style ranger she normally wears but she looks GREAT and my dad is happy she followed my advice!

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#93 Angelina

Angelina
      • 57 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Too funny! I am using Brian Napier as well in St.Albert. He came highly recommended and his 'Legal Only' Ceremony is $120.00 if you bring your own witnesses or $30 per witness if you don't.

Here is his website: http://www.customvows.ca/about.html

He is very quick and efficient with his emails and suggested that we do the legal ceremony a week prior to leaving. I think personally I would rather having the legal ceremony in Mexico, but with all the hoops you have to jump trough, and the extra cost, and the time it takes to get your documentation from Mex & translated.... This is well worth it!

#94 pinayflava

pinayflava
        • 193 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

I just got my dress back...wow Debbie's Bridal fashions did an amazing job on my dress! It doesn't even look like I got it altered it looks like I bought it that way~ Very pleased. If you guys are looking to get your dress altered/hemmed, go to Debbie's! She has been sewing since she was 12! She knows what she is doing!

Originally Posted by pinayflava 

2 more months for me! who hoo! just went into debbie's bridal fashions today to get my dressed altered. changing the neckline from straight to sweetheart, adding a bustle, hemming and taking the sides in (so it's going through a huge transformation - i hope everything turns out well) my alterations cost $360+ tax yikes! But if the reviews are as good as it is - it is all worth it :)

#95 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
          • 245 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Thats so great to hear!! I am really glad that you had a great experience with them, I think I am going to use them with my dress. How long did the alterations take?

Originally Posted by pinayflava 

I just got my dress back...wow Debbie's Bridal fashions did an amazing job on my dress! It doesn't even look like I got it altered it looks like I bought it that way~ Very pleased. If you guys are looking to get your dress altered/hemmed, go to Debbie's! She has been sewing since she was 12! She knows what she is doing!

#96 pinayflava

pinayflava
            • 193 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

They only took 2 and a half weeks! That's all they do too is wedding dress alterations nothing else!

Originally Posted by L&C In Love 

Thats so great to hear!! I am really glad that you had a great experience with them, I think I am going to use them with my dress. How long did the alterations take?

#97 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
              • 204 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

I know my response is a little delayed but I used Brian Napier as well. I loved him!

#98 Sherri84

Sherri84
                • 169 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hey ladies, just thought I'd let you know that the Bridal House is having a smaple sale this Saturday Oct 17!!! Dresses as cheap as $99  I would love to go find a dress for my TTD but I won't be able to make it  sad sad!!

#99 Angelina

Angelina
                  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

10 days till our wedding in the Mayan! 6 days till we leave on a jet plane!

I can barely breathe! haha.

#100 Angelina

Angelina
                    • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

Oooh!

I just thought of a question, are you ladies buying your bridesmaid's their jewelry? If so, where have you been successful in finding something?

:)

Angelina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users