To purchasers of online dresses

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

Hi ladies,

It appears many of you purchase your dresses online. How happy are you with your dress? Did you have to do alterations after you received it or was it a perfect fit? Was it from a retailer or a company that creates replicas?

Also did you try on the dress first elsewhere then went online to get it?

#2 KPEG

KPEG
    • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

That'd be my concern. Dresses look so pretty in pictures and even others but the moment I put one on that I think might be ok, it looks terrible! If anything, I would try it on in a store and then order online to be a litte more sure of the purchase.

#3 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
      • 217 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KPEG
        That'd be my concern. Dresses look so pretty in pictures and even others but the moment I put one on that I think might be ok, it looks terrible! If anything, I would try it on in a store and then order online to be a litte more sure of the purchase.
        I completely agree - most of the time the dresses you like on the hanger and what you actually end up getting are two tooooooooootally different things!!

Definitely try it on in a store before you purchase it online, you'd hate to spend all that money to get the dress and hate the way that it looks on you. When you do go to the store.. be open minded and try on a little of everything.

#4 bholthof

bholthof
        • Banned
        • 323 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

Check out the knock-off thread - there is tons of info from brides about what they liked in thier dresses.

I love mine. I tried on similar dresses in stores to see if it would suit. Then I bought the one I wanted online, cause I couldn't find it anywhere.
          21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#5 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
          • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by simplnsweet
            Hi ladies,

It appears many of you purchase your dresses online. How happy are you with your dress? Did you have to do alterations after you received it or was it a perfect fit? Was it from a retailer or a company that creates replicas?

Also did you try on the dress first elsewhere then went online to get it?
            If you read through the thread about knockoff dresses you can get more of an idea of what the ladies did who had replicas created, and I think alot of them went and tried on the original first :)

#6 coley88

coley88
            • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

Great info, thank you ladies.

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

I had a great online experience with this. First I went to all the salons and found the perfect dress. Make sure to take a peak at the tag style and make because some salons don't like to tell you. Lucky for me mine was a Maggie Sottero and I found it on bestbridalprices.com . When it came in (2 months later) I made alterations to it and it resembled the exact one I tried on but better because it fit proper It even had the Maggie Sottero tag in it. Pretty cool in the end I saved myself $600.

#8 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Definitely agree with trying on the dress at a salon first so you know if the style fits. Look for a reputable online retailer and purchase the same dress for less since they save on the actual cost of having a boutique :) and save a few hundred.

#9 mexicanwedding

mexicanwedding
                • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Has anybody bought on bestbridalprices.com or at storeofdress.com?

I saw they carry some dresses I tried on and I'd like to buy une of them. They have them for considerably less than what they have them on the boutiques I tried them on initially. But I would like to know if you have had good or bad experiences with these places. Or if you could recommend a different website for purchasing online.

Thanks a lot

#10 Darci

Darci
                  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

Has anyone purchased a dress from Online Wedding Deals Are the dresses originals or knock-offs. I can't find any info online good or bad about them Please help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users