• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 MSG518

MSG518
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnaBanana
    I think there are a couple of threads about the monograms. I know there is one in the DIY forum on how to make them yourself in Powerpoint. :)
    I've seen those threads, but since I don't have enough points I cannot download the attachments. Do you by any chance have the file that shows how to create one?? My email is MSG518@gmail.com Thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by simba1234
    I got the monogram done at For The Modern Bride • Wedding Card Boxes, Stationery, & Logo Design They charge $25 for one, $35 for 2 and $55 for 3 logos. However, if you order your invitations or menu cards from them they give you one logo for FREE. You just tell them what type of design you want because everything they do is custom.

Once they design the logo, they send you the final file in jpg or eps format and you can just send the logo to whatever vendors are doing your aisle runner, towels, etc...

I ordered my aisle runner from Custom Aisle Runners | Wedding Aisle Runners | Aisle Runners and all I had to do was send her the jpeg of the monogram. The towels I ordered from Beach Towels wholesale manufacturer of custom embroidered monogrammed bath towel for corporate events and it was the same process - I just sent them the jpeg and they did the rest.

Oh wow, Simba! Those are great ideas! I hope you don't mind if I steal some! Lol...also I'm not sure if it's my computer, but I can't see the pictures of the towels.

#12 simba1234

simba1234
    • 179 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:20 PM

I'm not sure why you can't see the pic - are you getting an error message? I also posted pictures in this thread a few months ago...

http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-51351/

Kelie11 - The aisle runner was pretty pricey but this vendor was actually the cheapest one I've found in all my research. I paid about $280 for the runner but they have cheaper ones. I ordered a higher quality non-slip ailse runner because the chapel I'm getting married in has marble floors (which tend to be slippery) so I wanted to be safe. The quality is really, really good...I was pretty impressed when I received it in the mail - It's kind of cushioned. If that's not that important to you, they have cheaper options.

Having a monogramed ailse runner was something I really wanted. I loved that idea from the beginning and i think it was the very first wedding item I bought:) I had the monogram created just so I could put it on the aisle runner....all the other ideas came after. The aisle runner was my first inspiration so I was willing to pay a little extra

#13 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
      • 235 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

There are some vendors on etsy who do monograms. I did a search for wedding monograms and some neat ones. I plan on making my own.
        ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#14 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
        • 180 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CeeCee76
          There are some vendors on etsy who do monograms. I did a search for wedding monograms and some neat ones. I plan on making my own.
          I totally agree. I ordered my monograms from JessicasDesignShop and I love them! She was a pleasure to work with too.

#15 indy_chic

indy_chic
          • 336 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Etsy is the best way to go unless you're creative enough to make your own. Most of them are fairly inexpensive ($10 for 1 and up from there depending on the quantity)

#16 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

I designed mine on my own, because I find it is more personal than using some generic template or hire someone to do it for me. Of course, it is not as nice as others, because I am a portfolio analyst, not a professional designer. However, both me and my fiancĀ© love it!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#17 mareW9

mareW9
              • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

This is great - I had no idea where to start and am not creative enough with software although I thought I could sketch something out!

#18 Angie1017

Angie1017
                • 213 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

I bought mine for $5 off Etsy (seller digitalbunnysdesigns). She was great to work with, and will work with you until you are completely happy.
                  Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

#19 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
                  • 254 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Simba - I LOVE the beach towels and they make so much sense b/c a) they something that you would definitely use on the trip and 2) you'd know your towels from the ones that ALL the other guests would have around the pool area. Did the price vary depending on the amount you purchased or was it just a flat fee per towel?
                    http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#20 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
                    • 169 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                      I designed mine on my own, because I find it is more personal than using some generic template or hire someone to do it for me. Of course, it is not as nice as others, because I am a portfolio analyst, not a professional designer. However, both me and my fiancĀ© love it!
                      I'm designing my own as well. I'm a digital scrapbooker so my computer hard drive is chock full of all sorts of tools and fun stuff for doing it, and my invites and thank you cards and everything will all be done on my own so will be coordinating.
                      I'm also super thrifty, so I just see it as another way to save as much money as possible.
                      Iberostar Varadero
                      25 March 2011
                      Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users