Photo

our friends cancelled their cruise wedding!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Sylvie143

Sylvie143
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Ouch! That's no good.... I'm so sorry, are you guys planning on still going or just trying to get a refund?

#12 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
    • 307 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Ok...so our friends wedding is back on. I guess she moved back in yesterday and they are trying to get everything rescheduled for this saturday. I absolutely cant believe it. Some people cancelled the trip (the ones with insurance) and everyone scheduled excursions for that day. Aghhhhhhh!!

#13 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

OMG that's going to be a freakin mess!!! What a confusing situation. Are you still planning on going?

#14 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
        • 307 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~
          OMG that's going to be a freakin mess!!! What a confusing situation. Are you still planning on going?
          Yes we are still going. We had planned on doing a bunch of stuff on Nassau and paradise island though. It is going to be a HUGE mess! I can see if they did this 6 months ago and went to counseling but hello its this week! How can they think that people will take them seriously?

#15 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

I have no idea! you'll have to let us know how it went when you get back!!

#16 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
            • 455 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

Wow...this has to be a bad situation for everyone involved. It's better they found out before they made the commitment.

#17 frenchie427

frenchie427
              • 129 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

Oy, that's the worst situation for the couple and the guests! If there wasn't travelor's insurance, no choice but to make the best of it.

I once went to a wedding shower of a friend who broke up with her fi one week later and cancelled the wedding... The weird part was that she spent the gift card and then I got a "thank you" card for her gift 6 mos. later... wtf?? It was awkward. Always awkward when the couple splits.

#18 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                • 307 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

so I just got back from the wedding. they did go through with it. They totally had to change everything. they got married in a lounge on the ship which lasted about 10 minutes. the bride didnt have any friends or family there. it was only his family and friends. It was a really weird ceremony and you could feel the awkwardness. The bride made a comment about them getting counseling so I just hope they really try to make it work. On top of the crazy stuff with the wedding, the weather was HORRIBLE (maybe a high of 65 in the bahamas), I got seasick from the ridiculous rocking of the boat from the storms, and one of the couples that went with us got in a huge fight in the middle of the night (we were in a room next to them) and we had to call security. wow. I am happy to be home.

#19 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
                  • 473 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

Wow that really sucks! My heart goes out to both parties.

#20 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
                    • 473 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mhabas
                      Ok...so our friends wedding is back on. I guess she moved back in yesterday and they are trying to get everything rescheduled for this saturday. I absolutely cant believe it. Some people cancelled the trip (the ones with insurance) and everyone scheduled excursions for that day. Aghhhhhhh!!
                      OMG, I just responded to the original quote. This could be very stressful for the guest. I know it's all about the couple on their day, but what about the guest. wewwwww!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users