our friends cancelled their cruise wedding!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoPT

• 307 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

My fiance got an email today from his good friend saying that him and his (former) fiance have called off their wedding. The wedding was suppossed to take place on a cruise in 2 weeks! I feel completely bad for them but now we are all in this situation where we wouldnt have gone on the cruise if it wasnt for the wedding (we arent a huge fan of cruises). So the couple decided that his family and friends will still go on the cruise and hers will stay home. I guess she moved out a couple of weeks ago but they didnt tell anyone until now. Tonight my fiance is on his friend's re-bachelor party. What a bad (and weird) situation.

#2 CristiandJamie

• 445 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

That is terrible and I'm sorry to hear about your fiance's friend. How does that work for those that dont go? Do you get a refund or credit?

I would feel awful if I were in their shoes and know that people shelled out money to go and now it's cancelled. Ouch!
      Cristi & Jamie
      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#3 *HOLLY*

• Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:11 AM

They usually can rebook another date but air fare will probably cost to change it to a different date. Sorry to hear about all of this must be hard for those two. Honestly its better they realized they shouldnt go through will it than to be married and unhappy. Yes financial burden on others and hopefully they will make up for it.

#4 AnnaBanana

• 376 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

Oh wow, that's awful!
          I agree, though, that it's best for them to find out now that things were not destined to be.

#5 Pastryqueen_Tanya

• 417 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

OOOOoooo. Thats terrible! I am so sorry to hear that, I am so sad for them. What a terrible thing to have to tell your friends and family. I can't even imagine how hard that would be.

#6 McToasty

• 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

D*mn what a bad situation... for them AND their guests.......................... i'm at a loss for words....... that really sucks.........

#7 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

That really sucks, I found a site that might help:
                Sneak Alcohol on Cruise

He he....
                One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#8 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

wow, yes that can't be good for any parties involved. Sorry to hear that , but better for them to realize sooner than later that they weren't a good match!
                  Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#9 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

Yeah that sucks... It happen to my FI two years ago... his cousin was getting married in Arizona and it got called off 10 days before the wedding. The family all still went to see his cousin and support her through that time. Your case!!!! Yeah I don't know if that weird to be there on the trip that was suposed to be a wedding. ackward!!!!!

#10 ChicagoPT

• 307 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Preciousmi811
                      That really sucks, I found a site that might help:
                      Sneak Alcohol on Cruise

He he....
                      I love it!! we were all figuring out what to do about it. we were just going to take our chances and sneak it on!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users