OK ladies, I will let you know what she finds in Mexico. She said she wants the ones made out of gourds, but when she sees the prices she may change her mind (LOL)! She wo't be back til Wednesday nite so I won't know anything until Thursday...unless she calls me.

Take care,

Lizzy

• 2 weeks later...

Maggie and Tadd found quite a few places in RM where they can get the maracas really cheap. Her wc at Anna y Jose Beachclub will pick them up for her and she (Jackie) has a friend who does wood burning and will personalize them for us w/ guests names and dates.

So, I agree about waiting until you get down there. Maggie told me to stop ordering online, they have everything we want in the RM. One less job for mom! thewave.gif

Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions.

Lizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVBride View Post
Oriental Trading has a large assortment of maracas. These can be personalized, and are reasonably priced.

Click the image to open in full size.

Let me know if you find some anywhere else, I am looking too :)
These are great!! I'm going on the website now.

When we were down in RM for a site visit, there were a bunch of stores that had maracas. Some were better than others, but on average, they were @ $1.00 each. I'm sure if you were buying a bunch, they would give you a discount. We plan on buying them for our guests when we get down there since we don't want to deal with shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Vargas View Post
Hello , if you are getting married in Tulum should have a trip to Playa del Carmen, on fifth avenue I have seen tons of maracas and they are not expensive and very beatiful. I can't remember the name of the store but they are a common item.

Vanessa Vargas
Vanessa Vargas Photography
Anyone else with more specifics on the maracas? We're getting down there a few days before the wedding, but don't want to spend a day maraca hunting. If someone has more info on specific stores or towns, as well as prices, that would be extremely helpful!!!

hi...

for our wedding we did maracas as wedding favors for our guests... its definitely easier to buy them when you get down there, then to buy here at home and bring them with you... we bought ours at a one of the shops on fifth ave in PDC, there are a ton of shops down there that sell them for $1 each, we had sixty guests so we bought 60... i think the more expensive ones were $2-$3 each... most of the tourists shops down there have them in big bins right in front of the shops...

i also made tags at home, with our names on it, that we tied to each maraca to give it a more personal touch... or you can just bring markers with you, and write your names and the date on them...

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
Thanks to everyone. We have decided to get them down in PD. Too much to carry with us! I didn't even think about putting tags on them, DUH! Thanks for reminding me. I am so tired of making tags........................

We're gonna do the same. I will try to remember and post here where and what we found with some pics when we're back. If anyone has already been through this and wants to give us a little direction, we'd appreciate it!